Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club To Offer Season Ticket Holders Options On Welcoming Them Back To The Stadium

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers season ticket holders will shortly be receiving an email inviting them to vote for one of two options in relation to helping the Club plan for their safe return to a capacity-restricted University of Bolton Stadium when the local region moves into Tier 2.

The Club looks forward to welcoming fans back into the University of Bolton Stadium at the earliest opportunity.

However, whilst Greater Manchester and Bolton are designated by the Government as being in COVID-19 Tier 3, this is currently not possible.

The Government is due to announce the outcome of its next Tier review on or before Wednesday 16 December and, therefore, the Club wants to plan for the possibility that Greater Manchester becomes Tier 2 and we are permitted to welcome supporters back to the Stadium.

As previously confirmed by the Club, our approximately 8,000 season ticket holders and corporate/hospitality members will be prioritised under any COVID-19 capacity restricted game in the Stadium; ‘away’ supporters are prohibited from attending by Government regulation.

The Board recognises and appreciates the challenges for spectators of attending capacity-restricted matches at the Stadium under new COVID-compliant rules and obligations. In the interests of being open, transparent and fair, the Club is inviting all season ticket holders to vote on the restricted ticket allocation options which will be detailed in the email that will be sent to season ticket holders.

We hope to be able to see you all soon!

The deadline for the votes to be submitted is 5pm on Friday 11 December.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For what it is worth, the North West is currently the second BEST region in the country in terms of LEAST new cases infection seven day average and unless something dramatic happens in the next week or so will almost certainly put into Tier 2 in the governments review next week.

(Either that or the whole country goes in to Tier 3 and I can't see that happening).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers season ticket holders given vote on stadium allocation plans

WANDERERS are giving season ticket holders the chance to vote on how they allocate seats at a capacity-restricted University of Bolton Stadium when the local region moves into tier two.

Although there is no indication that Bolton will be definitely be downgraded from tier three, the club has had to make contingency plans for the government’s next review, scheduled for December 16.

If given the go-ahead, Wanderers would be able to welcome 2,000 supporters into the stadium for the visit of Keith Hill’s Tranmere Rovers on December 19.

But before then, they must agree a means to fairly allocate the available space between approximately 8,000 season ticket holders.

The club is firstly asking those who may wish not to attend games with restricted capacity to alert them at the earliest possible opportunity.

Those who do wish to attend games with the club in tier two will be asked to pick between two choices.

The first will involve supporters being evenly divided into four matchday groups, according to the bubbles they initially purchased their tickets. Each group will then be randomly assigned a fixture for them to attend.

It is understood the club plan to air the draw via their social media channels to allow supporters to see which game they have drawn out.

The process would then be repeated for as long as tier two restrictions are in place.

The second option is for Wanderers to run an individual ballot.

The ticketing system will pick single season ticket holders at random – with exceptions made in regard to disability seating and those with supporters aged under-12 – for each game.

Once a season ticket holder is drawn, they will have to wait until all the other qualifying supporters have been given the opportunity to attend a game before they are entered back into the draw.

Email information has been sent out by the Wanderers ticket office this afternoon, including details on how to vote.

All votes must be in by Friday at 5pm.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went for the first option but i can't see much difference between the 2 to be honest. If we have 8000 ST holders then it will be a 1 in 4 chance anyway.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I went for the first option but i can't see much difference between the 2 to be honest. If we have 8000 ST holders then it will be a 1 in 4 chance anyway.
I'm opting out. Hope for the best next season. If Tyrers aren't running a service it would be even more of a pain.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll have to see if i can get trains there and back but i'm willing to give it a go. It will feel weird going to an actual game after all this time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum