Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers looking to beef up their attack in the January transfer window

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers will look to beef up their attacking options in January to better cope with the physical demands of League Two.

Ian Evatt admits he may need to rethink his approach against certain opposition after watching his side struggle in the storm against Carlisle United.

The Whites battled back bravely to secure a point after trailing 3-0 at one stage – but some familiar problems cropped up at Brunton Park which left the manager considering ‘Plan B’ away from home.

“I see the same things as you do – we lack a ‘type two’ striker, someone who occupy defenders with physicality and we do need one of those,” he said after the game.

“We have got January around the corner and as I’ve said on many occasions, I am looking to strengthen the team.”

Evatt’s much-vaunted brand of expansive football has been visible only in fits and starts this season and, in the manager’s opinion, is geared more towards the pristine playing surface of the UniBol.

Away from home, however, he will now be looking for players who can offer something different to the team.

“I have just said to the players in there, and it’s becoming even more relevant now, at the UniBol it’s a completely different game than when you come away from home,” he said.

“Away from home you need physicality, you need to stand up and be counted, you need to win first contacts and second contacts, be good in both penalty boxes.

“Was that game conducive to a Ronan Darcy, Ali Crawford, Tom White – the smaller players – no, it’s not. You can see what it’s like and I had to stick with it, be patient.

“On Tuesday night it’ll be a completely different picture. The pitch is lovely, it’s a big, expansive surface, and the stands protect you from this sort of weather. It’s horses for courses.

“We need more options away from home, especially at the top end of the pitch, to give us the physicality and then at home to take advantage of what that wonderful stadium gives us.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum