Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers don't have ill-discipline issues, says Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers don’t have a disciplinary issue, according to Ian Evatt, who believes his side have been on the receiving end of some bad decisions.

Ryan Delaney became the third Whites player to be sent off in the last five matches as he was dismissed in the weekend defeat at Tranmere Rovers.

That came 10 minutes after Antoni Sarcevic had pulled a goal back in the 2-1 defeat, while Reiss Greenidge and Peter Kioso are the other two players to have been sent off of late.

Greenidge was shown a second yellow card in the final minutes of the 1-0 defeat to Crawley Town on January 2, while Kioso was given his marching order moments after scoring what proved to be the equaliser at Carlisle United on Boxing Day in a dramatic 3-3 draw.

And Evatt feels his side haven’t had the rub of the green with the officiating rather than feeling it is anything to be concerned about or needing to be addressed.

“Well bad something and I’m not going to say the second word but Saturday Ryan should not have been sent off. In my opinion Reiss Greenidge should not have been sent off,” Evatt said.

“In my opinion, the first yellow card against Peter Kioso at Carlisle was not a yellow card, so do I think we’re getting the rub of the green? No.

“There’s definitely no ill discipline, the players will know I am all over them like a rash.”

Delaney’s one game suspension will still stand, despite last night’s postponement at Mansfield Town, with the defender set to miss the weekend visit of Leyton Orient.

Evatt went one stage further, believing his players are in fact too honest and haven’t made the most of instances where they could have gained an advantage.

“Infact what I will say is we’re probably too disciplined and we’re too honest and we’re too nice, because if you look at every other team in this division, they surround the referees, they play the game, they go down feeling contact,” he explained.

“I don’t coach my players to go down feeling contact, I don’t coach my players to surround the referee when they feel they’re not getting the right decisions and that’s probably the naivety of our group, but I don’t want to witness my team doing those sort of things.

“I don’t agree with it and I think we need to stamp it out of the game.”

Kioso’s Boxing Day red card was the first time a Wanderers player had to serve a suspension, with that bringing an end to his time at the club.

Indeed, Wanderers have only accumulated 31 yellow cards this season, midfielder Antoni Sarcevic having claimed the most with five, someway off the 10 required for a suspension.

Evatt himself was shown a yellow card and then a red after the final whistle at Prenton Park.

That came after the Wanderers boss questioned some of the decisions in the game made by referee Neil Hair.

Despite that, Football Association decided not to take any action against Evatt who was free to take his position in the dugout at Mansfield, should the game have gone ahead.

He said on Monday: “They (the FA) have reviewed the match footage, reviewed what was said by myself and deemed that there should be no charges brought forward, which obviously speaks volumes to what happened on Saturday.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum