Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Could Do The Most Damage?

+13
Keegan
xmiles
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Barryjw
doffcocker
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I think Roy keane would be the worst appointment, he was awful at Ipswich and Sunderland were terrible in the top flight under him. He buys really odd players, the guy hasn't a clue and he has the personality of a turd! If he is appointed I won't follow Bolton.

Agreed. He is clueless. Again, I don't believe Gartside would be that stupid.

42Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I like to think he's not stupid too, but he couldn't see that coyle was inept all last season! To be fair gartside's appointments have all been decent and seemed right. Big Sam was a cracking appointment. Spammy lee made sense. Mugson kept us up twice at a difficult time at the club so he wasn't that bad. Coyle IMO was the right man for the job 3 years ago. No one could foresee that coyle would turn out to be hopeless! So I think gartside will get it right.

43Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wasn't awful at Sunderland, granted it didn't work out at Ipswich, but he still had a better record there than Coyle, and Megson had here who many seem to think is a "good manager" all of a sudden.

He got Sunderland promoted and kept them up. His record at Sunderland is better than Mick's record anywhere

44Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem I have with Keane is that he comes across as a bit too arrogant. He was a great player but great players don't always make great managers.

45Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:11

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:The problem I have with Keane is that he comes across as a bit too arrogant. He was a great player but great players don't always make great managers.

Hardly ever do

Keane needs to prove something to himself

46Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:59

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He wasn't awful at Sunderland, granted it didn't work out at Ipswich, but he still had a better record there than Coyle, and Megson had here who many seem to think is a "good manager" all of a sudden.

He got Sunderland promoted and kept them up. His record at Sunderland is better than Mick's record anywhere

I thought Keane really struggled in the Premiership. He spent between £70m-£80m on players and they were still rubbish.

Keane's Premiership record as manager of Sunderland read = 53 games played, 15 wins, 9 draws, 29 defeats = 54 points. Averaging 1 point per game is worse than Coyle!

47Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Sat Oct 13 2012, 18:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Roy Keane's signings at Sunderland - 39 players for nearly £80 million in just three seasons!!!

2006/07

Liam Miller. Free. Manchester United
Dwight Yorke. Free. Sydney FC
Graham Kavanagh. £500,000. Wigan
Stanislav Varga. £550,000. Celtic
David Connolly. £1.4m. Wigan
Ross Wallace. £550,000. Celtic
Lewis Nyatanga. Loan. Derby
Jonny Evans. Loan. Manchester United
Marton Fulop. £500,000. Tottenham
Carlos Edwards. £1.4m. Luton
Anthony Stokes. £2m. Arsenal
Danny Simpson. Loan. Manchester United
Stern John. Undisclosed. Coventry

2007/8

Craig Gordon. £9m. Hearts
Paul McShane. £2.5m. West Brom
Dickson Etuhu. £1.5m. Norwich
Kieran Richardson. £5.5m. Manchester United
Michael Chopra. £5m. Cardiff
Greg Halford. £2.5m. Reading
Roy O'Donovan. Undisclosed. Cork City
Russell Anderson. £1m. Aberdeen
Danny Higginbotham. £2.5m. Stoke
Kenwyne Jones. £6m. Southampton
Ian Harte. Free. Levante
Andrew Cole. Free. Portsmouth
Phil Bardsley. £2m. Manchester United
Rade Prica. £2m. FC Aalborg
Andy Reed. £4m. Charlton
Yves Mvoto-Mvoto. £300,000. Paris Saint-Germain

2008/9

Nick Colgan. Free. Ipswich
George McCartney. £4.5m. West Ham
Anton Ferdinand. £8m. West Ham
Pascal Chimbonda. Undisclosed. Tottenham
Teemu Tainio. £4m. Tottenham
Steed Malbranque. £5m. Tottenham
David Meyler. Undisclosed. Cork City
Djibril Cisse. Loan. Marseilles
David Healy. £1.2m. Fulham
El-Hadji Diouf. £2.5m. Bolton

48Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Mon Oct 22 2012, 20:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Dougie Freedman is an interesting name thats falling in the odds.

I agree. The same could be said of Keith Hill.

changed your tune.

49Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Mon Oct 22 2012, 21:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

changed your tune.

I said it was an "interesting name". I find the name Dougie comical.

50Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Mon Oct 22 2012, 21:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

changed your tune.

I said it was an "interesting name". I find the name Dougie comical.

Laughing decent sidestep

51Who Could Do The Most Damage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Could Do The Most Damage? Tue Oct 23 2012, 09:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.

I'd give my right arm to be a goalkeeper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum