Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enter Our Heroes: Wanderers To Walk Out To Stunning New Musical Composition

+6
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To celebrate the start to the new Sky Bet League One season and to welcome the fans back to the University of Bolton Stadium . Bolton Wanderers have commissioned a new musical composition to be performed as the teams enter the pitch at the start of every home match.

The work, entitled “Enter Our Heroes” has been specially composed by lifelong Wanderers fan and composer, Paul Lovatt-Cooper.

Paul has enjoyed performances of his works all over the world including the world premieres at Sydney Opera House, New York’s Carnegy Hall and London’s Royal Albert Hall.

As well as scoring for brass, wind and Symphony Orchestras, Paul has enjoyed scoring music for TV productions such as Channel 4’s ‘A Band for Britain’, BBC’s ‘Postman Pat’, the BAFTA nominated ‘Strange Hill High’ and Disney’s ‘Club Penguin’ series.

Speaking about the new work, Paul commented: “After what has been an extremely tough 18 months with the COVID-19 pandemic. The idea was discussed about scoring a new piece of music to welcome the teams onto the pitch with a fresh start in this new season.

“Being a huge Bolton Wanderers fan myself, I channelled all my passion into this new work and wanted to compose a piece of music that will help inspire and motivate both the players and the fans at the start of every game.”

Thrilled with the new work, Chairman Sharon Brittan commented: “Music is very important to me and so many people, and when me and Michael first heard the composition we were incredibly moved.

“Paul is a lifelong supporter of the club and the passion and detail he has put into this work is stunning.

“With supporters returning to the stadium for the first time in over 18 months, we felt it was important that a brand new and unique piece of music was played as the players enter the pitch. I am sure everybody will love it as much as I did.

Wanderers Manager Ian Evatt added: “The passion Paul has for the club is clearly represented in this inspiring piece of music.

“I was fortunate to listen to it alongside my staff and we all loved it.

“We are all looking forward to the start of the season and I know that this music will be a fitting soundtrack to our campaign.”

‘Enter Our Heroes’ will be given its world premiere this coming Saturday as Wanderers entertain MK Dons for the first game of the new season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heroes? They're footballers. Get a grip.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Heroes? They're footballers. Get a grip.

Very Happy

Not me saying they are, it is the headline from the article from the club!

I don't like the happy clappy bollocks the club is churning out as PR and I shake my head as to how many people buy straight into such tripe but that is how people seem to be these days.

Glad you called it out for what it actually is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote: Very Happy

Not me saying they are, it is the headline from the article from the club!

Sorry, should have made it clearer, I was telling the club to get a grip.

What a load of nonsense, "heroes" indeed. Embarrassing.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Enter our heroes?

Sounds like a sexual invitation.

Personally, I don't want to enter any of them, not even Isgrove.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hope it sounded much better at the ground than on this tweet!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Enter our heroes?

Sounds like a sexual invitation.

Personally, I don't want to enter any of them, not even Isgrove.

Laughing

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's not new, we've been playing that for years! Has he just re-recorded it?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:That's not new, we've been playing that for years! Has he just re-recorded it?
There have been times, in the not too distant past, when more appropriate tunes could have been put to use.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I ran the  London Marathon three times 1987, 1989, 1990 and that tune was blasted all around the London streets, new ?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Heroes? They're footballers. Get a grip.

I  totally agree.

More bollocks from Wokeville.

okocha will be in raptures.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I ran the  London Marathon three times 1987, 1989, 1990 and that tune was blasted all around the London streets, new ?
I took the brown paper bag off Nat's head.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
I took the brown paper bag off Nat's head.
Natasha or Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Natasha or Lofthouse
I will not put myself at risk by answering that question.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is just 633 Squadron

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wessy wrote:I ran the  London Marathon three times 1987, 1989, 1990 and that tune was blasted all around the London streets, new ?

I think you’re mistaking the new music with the film theme music. I did that too when they first walked out but at the half time walk out it was a new tune but sadly not played loud enough to hear it properly. Maybe they’ll get it right for the next home game?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Did they play sweet Caroline at the end? I had to rush off and missed it..

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum