Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Step by step I will get better' - Elias Kachunga targets Wanderers starts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Step by step I will get better' - Elias Kachunga targets Wanderers starts 12959753

Elias Kachunga feels he is getting closer to the match fitness he will need to become a regular at Wanderers.

The former Huddersfield Town striker started his first game at the UniBol on Tuesday night, featuring for 90 minutes in the 3-2 win against Port Vale in the Papa John’s Trophy.

Kachunga has been playing catch-up having spent the summer searching for a new club and his only previous start had come in the Carabao Cup at Wigan.

After settling quickly, the 29-year-old is now confident he can soon challenge for a starting spot under Ian Evatt.

“They are good guys in the dressing room, everyone was friendly straight away and helped me with everything I needed,” he said.

“Step by step I will get better in the team. Physically I am coming closer to the match fitness I need to start. “It was not easy for me having no pre-season and I couldn’t do it like the boys, step by step.

“I just have to work hard in training and use the minutes I get. I’m in close contact with the manager to see what is the best way to get closer.”

Kachunga played on the left side of the Bolton attack against Port Vale but says he is comfortable in any of the attacking positions in Evatt’s side.

“I have played in a few positions in the team already, all three in the front,” he said.

“I am enjoying the way we play. A lot of guys who hadn’t played much before were in the team (against Port Vale) and I think for that we did well. The way we scored the goals from the build up to the finish was good.

“It was a good game. The first half was a bit mixed because I think we played well, had good possession and scored a really good goal but then two disappointing ones.

“The way we reacted as a group was really good as well.

“It was a physical game, a little bit like the last away game in the league, so it was good to stand up against them and win in the end.

“I am looking forward to the next weeks now. The game on Monday against Burton is really important for us, we’re at home so I am looking forward to that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum