Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drinking in the stands.

+3
karlypants
wanderlust
boltonbonce
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drinking in the stands. Empty Drinking in the stands. Fri Sep 24 2021, 11:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tracey Crouch has suggested that drinking in the stands will soon be making a comeback. I'm not too happy about it.
I manage to watch a 90 minute game without feeling the need to down a pint or two, and the thought of getting doused by some drunk in the West Stand isn't one I care to contemplate.
I know other sports manage it, but football has more idiots to the square foot than they do. I wouldn't trust them with a box of chocolate liqueurs.
I'll stick to crisps and a coffee.

2Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Fri Sep 24 2021, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally I like a pint or two at the game although it's a trek to the loos but unless we get Spurs stadium style service we'll be stuck with long queues.
People who drink at games tend to go for a few before the match and that revenue could be the clubs if they opened early enough and made drinking a pleasurable experience instead of a flat pint that you have to queue for only for it to be served in a floppy plastic cup and have to drink it in a breeze block corridor.
Spurs have created a stadium geared to making money for the club and the in-house brewery and the 5 second pint technology helps massively.
Check this out:

3Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Fri Sep 24 2021, 11:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have mixed feelings about this too. I do usually have a pint before the game on the concourse but would prefer to take it into the stand where I can sit.

The thought of someone knocking their pint all down my back when they get excited when we score puts me off especially if I am in knobhead corner where everyone stands not far from the screen.

I've never bothered to go for a pint at half time with it not only being approx 15 mins before the second half starts but the sheer queues.

I have sneaked in the 5cl bottles of whisky before now though on occasions when I have been freezing my tits off in winter.

4Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Fri Sep 24 2021, 12:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I take a hip flask, but only on cold winter days. A drunken Bonce is not for the faint hearted.

5Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Fri Sep 24 2021, 12:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There would be costs associated with policing drunks but theoretically they're doing that already so perhaps not so much.
Still, Spurs are netting around £80k a game from beer sales and that's without service during the game.
For a club/stadium our size, we could set up a bottom up 5 second pint system and reconfigure the bar spaces relatively cheaply - and if we had an in house brewery that was half decent we could get a significant revenue boost that could include external sales.
Quite fancy a pint of Wanderer.

6Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Fri Sep 24 2021, 12:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I very rarely have a pint at the match but i think allowing people to drink in their seats will lead to more trouble and more people getting pissed. Lots of people nip down early at HT to get a drink but at least they have a break from before the match.

7Drinking in the stands. Empty Pissed At The Football Wed Oct 06 2021, 09:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evans out.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Oct 06 2021, 09:57; edited 1 time in total

8Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Wed Oct 06 2021, 09:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure we have a thread on this already...

9Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Wed Oct 06 2021, 09:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wonder if Sharon will take a moral stance on this?

I've never bothered about having a pint at the match, maybe I'm from a different generation to how things are now?

I used to sometimes meet up with my mates at the pub before a game, or go for a pint after the game but never during, mainly because the half time break was only ten minutes back then and I needed a piss more than a pint.

I've no doubt that some people will abuse the privilege of drinking on the terraces again - I think that is a given.

And yes continually having to stand up and let people go to the toilet is a pain, that's why these days if I go somewhere like the theatre I get seats at the end of the aisles so when I need to go it saves a lot of bother and inconvenience to others.

10Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Wed Oct 06 2021, 09:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I'm sure we have a thread on this already...

Who made you the thread police?

11Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Wed Oct 06 2021, 10:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I'm sure we have a thread on this already...

Who made you the thread police?

Me :cop:

12Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Wed Oct 06 2021, 10:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Me :cop:
Drinking in the stands. Giphy

13Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Wed Oct 06 2021, 10:24

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No Time to Die is so long I had to nip to the loo twice.......should never have drunk those two cups of free coffee just before it started. (Well, my wife didn't want hers...)

Not a bad film, by the way, though not as good as Sam Mendes' Skyfall. Over-long, too many very similar shoot-outs became a bit tiresome, a poor villain, and, of course, ludicrous plot, some mumbled dialogue, but a worthy farewell for Daniel Craig who excelled and showed a tender side.

14Drinking in the stands. Empty Re: Drinking in the stands. Wed Oct 06 2021, 10:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:No Time to Die is so long I had to nip to the loo twice.......should never have drunk those two cups of free coffee just before it started. (Well, my wife didn't want hers...)

Not a bad film, by the way, though not as good as Sam Mendes' Skyfall. Over-long, too many very similar shoot-outs became a bit tiresome, a poor villain, and, of course, ludicrous plot, some mumbled dialogue, but a worthy farewell for Daniel Craig who excelled and showed a tender side.
I have yet to watch a James Bond film. I'm not shaken, nor am I stirred. I first became aware of Bond when he was played by Sean Connery, and, as Connery couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, I gave them a miss.
Unless the next Bond is Count Arthur Strong, this state of affairs will continue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum