Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup

+10
Keegan
terenceanne
Bolton Nuts
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Whitesince63
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Wed Nov 03 2021, 11:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No brainer really. Stockport sit 9th in the National League and we're 4 points above the relegation zone in League 1.
Problem is they have a habit of turning us over and they've got Sarce who knows us inside out - and occasionally scores a spectacular goal.
I liked watching Thomason and MJ ratting around in the midfield last night - don't often see them together, but it was very effective, however I suspect that Evatt will rotate a bit for this one.
On paper we should batter them but I have no doubt whatsoever that they - and Sarce in particular - will be totally up for this. And they have all the inside information they need to prepare a gameplan to take us on.
I think we'll win, but it won't be as easy as some pundits seem to think.

2BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Wed Nov 03 2021, 14:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There will be more on from Stockport than Bolton.

We'll have 75% possession and lose 1-0.

3BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Wed Nov 03 2021, 17:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good to see you're the same old Nat  Very Happy

4BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Thu Nov 04 2021, 18:53

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I just hope that IE picks a similar strong side to Tuesday because County will be more of a challenge than Rochdale reserves, especially with Sarce, who will be really up for it. Backed by a big following we need to score early to quieten them down, something we’ve singularly failed to do so far this season. It should be a no brainer home win but we all know what cup games are like and with Sarce’s insider knowledge, it will make it all the harder. Let’s be honest we should win this with room to spare but our inability to find the net is always a worry.

5BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sat Nov 06 2021, 11:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sat Nov 06 2021, 12:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

According to some, we’ve only sold around 2k tickets for this one so far. Surely much of that has to be down to the ridiculous membership scheme decision?

7BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sat Nov 06 2021, 13:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve seen we’ve sold 5k.  What’s so bad about the membership scheme?  Only takes 2 mins to sign up

8BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sat Nov 06 2021, 23:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I’ve seen we’ve sold 5k.  What’s so bad about the membership scheme?  Only takes 2 mins to sign up

What’s so good about it Btid? It’s pointless and when we need to be encouraging people to attend, it’s just another obstacle to climb. Yes it takes 2 minutes and that’s not a barrier to supporters who want to attend regularly but lots of people don’t, just as and when they want. If it only puts one person off it’s money lost and it’s going to be a lot more than one I can tell you.

I just don’t see the point in it anyway. As a ST holder the club already have my details and if it’s a security measure then why don’t opposition fans have to comply. I couldn’t make the game tomorrow but if I could have I still wouldn’t because I’m not being forced or compelled to join a scheme I should automatically be enrolled in. My daughter is a Rotherham fan, my son Spurs and the in laws Sheffield Utd and I get them tickets near me when we play them, except that now I can’t because they’re not members yet they can get a ticket in the away end through their own club. We want to sit together as we have in the past and it’s just bloody stupid that we now can’t. Sorry but this really irritates me and make no mistake, it will cost the club thousands of fans, not just a few.

9BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 09:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:

What’s so good about it Btid? It’s pointless and when we need to be encouraging people to attend, it’s just another obstacle to climb. Yes it takes 2 minutes and that’s not a barrier to supporters who want to attend regularly but lots of people don’t, just as and when they want. If it only puts one person off it’s money lost and it’s going to be a lot more than one I can tell you.

I just don’t see the point in it anyway. As a ST holder the club already have my details and if it’s a security measure then why don’t opposition fans have to comply. I couldn’t make the game tomorrow but if I could have I still wouldn’t because I’m not being forced or compelled to join a scheme I should automatically be enrolled in. My daughter is a Rotherham fan, my son Spurs and the in laws Sheffield Utd and I get them tickets near me when we play them, except that now I can’t because they’re not members yet they can get a ticket in the away end through their own club. We want to sit together as we have in the past and it’s just bloody stupid that we now can’t. Sorry but this really irritates me and make no mistake, it will cost the club thousands of fans, not just a few.
What's next? Compulsory pronoun badges for all?

10BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 11:07

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I nearly sacked it because the buying process is more difficult than it needs to be. 

I half expected pay on the door for this...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

11BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 14:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 14:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

13BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent cup tie from the neutral perspective/

Sobering cup tie from ours.

14BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 18:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dreadful result. Didn't go, I have better things to do. "Lucky to get a draw" was my (usually happy-clapping) father's opinion.

Lose at home to Crewe and then away at Stockport and Alan Irvine could finally get that call.

15BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 18:43

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The worrying part is that I not sure what's wrong at this point. Can't blame individual players all the time. In periods of the game we were out played by a non league team. They well deserved the draw if not a win.
The system we are using is not working and the players are not as good as advertised. God forbid Dapo gets injured - we would have no attack at all.
I think a return to reality is in order with us 16th in the league.....play the kids in the replay and get our head stuck into the league.

16BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 18:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sobering result indeed.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Sun Nov 07 2021, 22:22

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Absolutely appalling defending 🙄

18BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Mon Nov 08 2021, 01:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we've been worked out.
Even if we played a back 3/5 with our best defenders to solve our defensive problems (Johnston, Santos and Aimson with John and Jones on either side) we'd be tighter at the back but still be struggling to score.
Not that I blame Doyler given his phenomenal workrate - it's just that he doesn't get the kind of ball that he finished off so well tonight anywhere near often enough.
As many have said on here before, we are so slow in the build up we have a wall of defenders to get through by the time the ball is at the business end and the sliderule passes to split them just don't happen. We are far too ponderous in front of goal and at times look shot shy.
And whilst Dapo can handle himself I wonder if our midfield notably Sheehan and Lee are just too small to compete physically in the middle?
Maybe we'll find an approach that works with these players or maybe Amaechi will bring something to the table on the opposite side to Dapo but somehow we have to find a winning combination and one thing I am convinced of is that we have to play a lot quicker especially in the transition.
Farting around with it at the back looking for an opening is Ok if we don't make mistakes but when that opening appears we have to move it a lot faster and a lot more directly if we're going to take advantage of it - because in league 1 openings are closed in next to no time.

Evatt has brought these players in to suit his system which makes it difficult to change the style of play if required.

19BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Mon Nov 08 2021, 22:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody Rotherham away if we win the replay.

20BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Empty Re: BWFC 2-2 Stockport in the FA Cup Mon Nov 08 2021, 22:35

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yea, a pretty much a home game for me and this time we’ll stuff the Yorkshire puddings, assuming we dispose of the Cheshire ones first!! 😉

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum