Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keep your shirt on!

+2
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Keep your shirt on! Empty Keep your shirt on! Thu Nov 25 2021, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read that Brentford have decided to keep their home shirts from this season and use them again next season. I think this is a great decision and one that other clubs should do as well. The costs of kits even for kids is not cheap and changing home and away kits every season is very expensive.

I know back in the old days clubs used to keep their away shirt for a couple of seasons but that has gone out of the window now with the big clubs changing all 3 kits every year and even having slightly different ones for the Champions League.

Anyone disagree with this and actually look forward to buying a new kit every year? I haven't bought a new Wanderers kit for years and tend to just wear my pride and joy blue 3rd Normid kit.

2Keep your shirt on! Empty Re: Keep your shirt on! Thu Nov 25 2021, 13:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wore my Bolton shirt with 'Comstive' on the back with pride during my school days.

People were in awe.

3Keep your shirt on! Empty Re: Keep your shirt on! Thu Nov 25 2021, 17:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure there was a rule at one time where clubs were unable to change their shirt every season, but obviously this didnt last long.

4Keep your shirt on! Empty Re: Keep your shirt on! Thu Nov 25 2021, 18:39

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Or they could change the kit and lower the prices...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

5Keep your shirt on! Empty Re: Keep your shirt on! Thu Nov 25 2021, 18:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The shirt prices are bloody ridiculous now. Nearly £100 for an adult Man U shirt and it wasn't that much different in price for the England one!

Aren't adult Bolton shirts £60 now?

6Keep your shirt on! Empty Re: Keep your shirt on! Fri Nov 26 2021, 01:00

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Just read that Brentford have decided to keep their home shirts from this season and use them again next season. I think this is a great decision and one that other clubs should do as well. The costs of kits even for kids is not cheap and changing home and away kits every season is very expensive.

I know back in the old days clubs used to keep their away shirt for a couple of seasons but that has gone out of the window now with the big clubs changing all 3 kits every year and even having slightly different ones for the Champions League.

Anyone disagree with this and actually look forward to buying a new kit every year? I haven't bought a new Wanderers kit for years and tend to just wear my pride and joy blue 3rd Normid kit.

Back in the old old days Wanderers 1st, 2nd and 3rd kits stayed the same season upon season upon season. 2nd strip was red shirts and white shorts and I can still remember the orgiastic joy( I was just a young and impressionable nipper in those heady days of the early 60's) of seeing us play one away match in the blue shirts and white shorts 3rd kit. Can't remember who it was against (may have been an away 2-2 draw v Preston at Deepdale in the FA Cup, in those days both sides used to have to change kits in FA Cup ties if there was a clash of colours). Weird how nowadays I struggle to remember WTF happened yesterday afternoon while I can still easily recall the sights,sounds,smells and feelings of utter devastation at Alex Dawson equalising for PNE to make it 2-2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum