Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ricardo Santos on Rotherham defeat and why it can be an exciting 2022 at Bolton

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ricardo Santos on Rotherham defeat and why it can be an exciting 2022 at Bolton 13344260

Ricardo Almeida Santos was gutted that 2022 got off to a losing start for Wanderers but believes there are exciting times ahead.

Though there were mitigating circumstances to defeat at Rotherham United, the club captain was disappointed that a wholehearted performance had not at least been enough to grab a point from the New York Stadium.

A Covid-ravaged squad was only able to reopen their training ground at the start on Monday (December 27) and was still clearly affected by an unprecedented run of illness through the camp.

“Despite everything that has gone on, this is a tough place to come and I think we could have walked away with something,” Santos said.

“Dapo had a chance last kick of the game, Brocky had a similar one. Today wasn’t our day but the Gaffer walked in and said this is a new year, a fresh start.

“That desire, we haven’t seen that for a while, everyone was sticking together.

“It was hard. They are a physical side, direct, and they get a lot of bodies in the box but we haven’t played a game in three or four weeks and we were tired at the end because we’d given it our all.

“Nathan Delfouneso played centre mid, and we’re missing a lot of vital players like MJ and Kieran. We did well but we are walking out of here with our heads up and know we have to keep believing we can do something this year.

“And the fans were amazing and they were clapping up to the last minute which gave us belief to get a goal.”

Regardless of the result, Santos reckons there is reason for optimism as the players rediscover full fitness and Ian Evatt is able to make full use of the January transfer window.

Striker Dion Charles has already been added to the squad in what was Bolton’s first cash deal for three-and-a-half years and another signing looks likely in the next couple of days.

“It was the same thing last year,” he said. “We got those players in over the same time period and it was like a fresh start. We just have to stick together and believe.

“The gaffer wants to keep building a squad to kick us on, so it will be an exciting month.

“Dion is exciting. I think he trained for the first time on Friday and looked sharp. He looks like he could score some goals, so I can’t wait to see him.

“We have some good players in the attacking areas and that’s great as a defender because it makes you relax a bit.

“The gaffer will be trying to add a few more as well, so we have to keep going.”

Santos admits he has never seen illness impact a squad quite like it has at Wanderers in the last few weeks.

“I can’t remember any time where it has been like this. It has been mad.

“It was just one of those things – one day someone gets it, then the next someone else has it. You can’t really help but we tried to do the best we can.

“You start losing sharpness and fitness so it has been difficult, we don’t want to fall too far behind.

“But the gaffer did the best he could to try and keep us fit.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#killingthesite

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:#killingthesite

I thought it was the usual 3/4 amigos already doing a good job of that themselves?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I thought it was the usual 3/4 amigos already doing a good job of that themselves?

#killedthesite

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I thought it was the usual 3/4 amigos already doing a good job of that themselves?

#killedthesite

I'm sure it would have been flourishing just fine under you and Largehat (I wonder what ever happened to him Rolling Eyes ) or you and Bread...

Fwiw, and no doubt plenty won't believe this, I've never wanted to be the one in the spotlight on here or anywhere else for that matter.

All I've ever wanted was for this (and other forums I've been associated with), to be run fairly and honestly for everyone.

If I had known back then that would involve me dealing with folk who can't tell the difference between real life and the fantasy world of social media, I wouldn't have bothered.

I certainly didn't set out to be trolled, having people trying to fuck my real life up - yes it did happen - people bearing internet grudges against me for a dozen years or more - yes that's true too - being deliberately wummed time and time again, dealing with folk who clearly have mental health issues, and all the rest of it!

Why would anybody want any of that when they didn't have to?

I only did so to try and make this site 'honest' where everybody got a say and nobody got banned because I or someone in the 'clique' which normally runs most sites like ours, simply doesn't like them.

I've simply tried to help folk on here, to tell people the truth and the facts when they much preferred their own prejudice, ignorance and hatred instead - so much good its done me too hasn't it!

Anyway the point I'm getting to is that for personal reasons I had to be away from the site for the best part of two months recently - and you know what - I didn't miss it at all.

So if you think you can do a better job with the forum, then go ahead and do so.

I'm happy for you to have full Admin rights again and happy for mine to be rescinded or you can just ban me if you want.

People don't seem to grasp any more the boundary between what is real and what is just social media fantasy and fakery.

There's clearly one or two on here who desperately do need some form of personal validation or justification from the internet that they clearly don't find in the real world with real people!

Well I don't, my life is just fine in the real world thank you.

So go on then, create your own ideal forum, no doubt with numerous fake accounts and ban whoever you want when you feel like it.

The best of luck to you to.

I'll simply step back and keep out of your way from now on.

Someone else can deal with all the shit instead.

Have fun!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum