Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton ready to pay cash for three January transfer deals, says Evatt

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton ready to pay cash for three January transfer deals, says Evatt 13346725

Ian Evatt is eyeing a hat-trick of further signings in the January window.

The Bolton boss has already loaned Marlon Fossey from Fulham, extended Xavier Amaechi’s deal from Hamburg and added Northern Ireland international Dion Charles for £320,000.

But the spending is set to continue – and while Evatt insists there will be no recklessness in the transfer market, he has spotted a few potential bargains that could be within budget.

Evatt had last month hinted he could utilise the loan market to bring in the extra players he needs for the second half of the season but speaking to The Bolton News on Monday, he has not ruled out a change of tack.

“Potentially all three could be cash investments – but I’ll stress, they will be investments,” he said of his recruitment plans.

“We are not going to overspend, or buy our way out of this division, or out ourselves at risk ever again.

“We have worked tirelessly to get to this stage where we can make those strategic investments. It is not to overspend, it is to live within our means and gain assets on the pitch.

“We are able to do that now and it has been a long time since we could say that, so huge credit to those involved.

“We want players who have a good financial value, who are maybe coming to the end of their contract and not looking to renew.

“At the end of the day if we wait to the summer in a free market maybe we can’t afford to battle against some of the bigger teams and budgets in this league, and certainly higher. We are trying to get ahead of the game and bring these players in early, get them playing for us and developing our squad as best we can.”

Wanderers go to Hartlepool United in the Papa John’s Trophy tonight looking to progress to the quarter final stage and with new additions Charles and Fossey likely to feature he is feeling more optimistic about the trip.

“It will be a tough game because going to Hartlepool you know it is a tight stadium, good home support and a team which has done well in recent times,” he said.

“For us, we have to go there with the same attitude we did at Rotherham, to compete, and then back our quality to get us a result.

“Things are looking brighter, some of the clouds have started to disappear and the sunshine is poking through after a few dark months.

“We will go there feeling confident we can get a result and progress in a competition I want to win.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's turning out to be an interesting window from a number of angles - a loan, a loan extension and a cash signing so far and now talk of buying players rather than further loans.
£320k for a striker is probably more than we anticipated and the prospect of further cash purchases will send those who speculate on FV's financial situation into a spin - can't wait for a new wave of guesswork on that front.
There is also a common theme inasmuch that the players targeted so far are mobile if a little lightweight so there seems little doubt that IE is sticking to his principles and is attempting to get us playing like City albeit in League 1 - I'm hoping to see some improvement in our passing as well as penetration.
It's one of those windows that could go either way.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:It's turning out to be an interesting window from a number of angles - a loan, a loan extension and a cash signing so far and now talk of buying players rather than further loans.
£320k for a striker is probably more than we anticipated and the prospect of further cash purchases will send those who speculate on FV's financial situation into a spin - can't wait for a new wave of guesswork on that front.
There is also a common theme inasmuch that the players targeted so far are mobile if a little lightweight so there seems little doubt that IE is sticking to his principles and is attempting to get us playing like City albeit in League 1 - I'm hoping to see some improvement in our passing as well as penetration.
It's one of those windows that could go either way.

Hahaha

...you do make me laugh!!!

Aren't you the self-proclaimed Business Advisor...

...you know the one who told us Anderson had 'stolen' £168m off the club???

Which was quite an achievement at the time as even Iles knew we were about £200m in DEBT before KA even got here!!!

:rofl:

Anyway if you bothered to read the article (you never do though do you  Rolling Eyes ) rather than just the headlines, it talks about players with future potential whose contracts are up at the end of the season and obviously their clubs haven't bothered to go out of their way to give them extensions so as not to lose them come summer.

If we do pay fees for them I can't imagine it to amount to anything significant.

Probably similar to what we'd have to pay for a loan fee to a big club for one of their youngsters for the rest of the season.

I would have thought even you could have worked that out...

:rofl:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You need to read what I write properly before your knee jerks your fingers.
I managed 4 teams of Business Advisors at one time.

Make yourself useful - is it the grey bin on Friday seeing as we had a Bank Holiday?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:You need to read what I write properly before your knee jerks your fingers.
I managed 4 teams of Business Advisors at one time.

Make yourself useful - is it the grey bin on Friday seeing as we had a Bank Holiday?

Yeah, course you wrote that...

And I would have no shame if I had have been a refuse collector.

Seems you believe yourself to be more superior to them in someway?

Showing yourself up for what kind of a person you clearly are...

Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum