Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dion Charles's inspiration for winner at Shrewsbury

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dion Charles's inspiration for winner at Shrewsbury 13403019

Dion Charles dedicated his brilliant late winner for Wanderers at Shrewsbury to his new-born daughter.

Little Hattie, born at 8.25pm on Thursday night, won’t have known much about her dad’s stunning 90th minute volley to settle a tight game at the Montgomery Waters Stadium.

But she may well be reminded in future years how her first week in the world ended on such a perfect note.

Charles couldn’t hide his delight and said his winner had meant the world to him.

“That has just topped off such a good week for myself and my family – but you could also see what it meant to the boys and the fans,” he beamed.

“While I am at this club that is the sort of performance that I will demand of myself and the other players. It just shows what it means to everyone, so long may it continue.”

“It has been a really good week for me.”

Charles had a complicated start to his Bolton career, finding himself addressing tweets that he posted in his youth, which landed him in hot water with the Football Association and the club.

“It wasn’t the best of starts,” he added. “But I have addressed it, and now I’m just concentrating on my football and that’s it.”

Wanderers moved up into 15th with their first league win away from home since September.

They had to dig in for the result, absorbing plenty of pressure from the home side, who had themselves been on an excellent run of results at home.

Charles snatched the headlines with a wonder goal but he paid tribute to the hard work the team had put in to stay in the game.

“It was a great strike but to a man today, the subs that came on and the boys that started, everyone worked their socks off for one another and that’s the minimum that we need to be at this football club and the results will come,” he said.

“We have got such a talented squad in that dressing room and everyone wants to play and if we keep putting in performances like that, we won’t be far off.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum