Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt looks ahead to Wimbledon test

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt looks ahead to Wimbledon test 13380955

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt is looking forward to getting back to home comforts against Wimbledon this weekend.

The Whites had to battle against tough conditions at Burton on Tuesday night and Evatt is hopeful a return to the UniBol will benefit the squad.

“The conditions should suit us more. We tend to replace our divots here, which is nice,” he said with a smile.

“It was difficult on Tuesday night but we have to park it and move on. It wasn’t a reflection of where we are at the moment so I am looking forward to Saturday.

“They have got talented young players. It was an excellent game down there earlier in the season and one we probably should have won, but it was a good advert for League One football.

“It will be a test, a challenge – all these games are. It’s not easy to win games consistently at this level.

“But it’s not really about them – it’s about what we do and how we play. If we can play to our levels, I’m more than confident we can get the right result.”

The Whites were linked with a move for Wimbledon midfielder Anthony Hartigan earlier this season.

“I am aware of him, definitely,” added Evatt. “The three we think are really talented players are Hartigan, Ayoub Assal and Jack Rudoni. We reckon they have got a really bright future.

“Wimbledon are a really talented team. They have had a bit of trouble recently but the games have been tight and they don’t concede a lot of goals. It will be a challenge, that is for sure.”

The Wanderers squad have used a cryo chamber in preparation for Saturday’s game as they aim to mitigate against the effects of their busy fixture list.

It was a method used extensively under Sam Allardyce, but Evatt admits he didn’t have such luxuries during his own playing career.

“At the moment it is play-recover, play-recover and having them outside on the grass in gale force winds, you really are not going to get much quality,” said the Bolton boss.

“We have to make days productive and we can use visual learning for the tactical stuff, and then for recovery we have used some different stuff to get some freshness back in the legs.

“The cryotherapy chamber was great and I think they have enjoyed themselves. I didn’t get much of that when I was playing – it was just here’s a magic sponge and off you trot.

“And to be fair, we have a natural cryo chamber out there if you just walk out there in shorts. It would have the same effect.

“It is one of those places, Lostock, where you can get four seasons in one day. At the moment it is winter, winter, winter and winter.

“Hopefully we can get some time out there on Friday on the grass, even though I am seeing more weather warnings. Thankfully it is an enclosed stadium, so we are more guarded on Saturday.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum