Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt insists there is still room for improvement at Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt insists there is still room for improvement at Bolton 13344404

Ian Evatt insists Wanderers’ new signings are still getting used to how the team plays following a busy January transfer window.

The Whites brought in seven fresh faces in total, with Kieran Sadlier and Kyle Dempsey arriving in the final stages of the window.

Evatt says some of the new players feel pressure to “make something happen” and wants to share the responsibility throughout the team.

“The players we brought in - and this includes Aaron (Morley), who has also suffered with it - because they have been the best players in their respective teams, they feel like they have to take on the responsibility themselves,” said the Bolton boss.

“Okay, Kieran may not be regarded as the best player at Rotherham but I think he would be the best technically.

“They go hunting the ball and feel that they need to be on it all the time because it is them that need to make something happen.

“In this team where everyone can handle the ball, sometimes it is more beneficial for them to move away and create space with some unselfish running, get into better pockets of space and wait to receive the ball, and that hasn’t really happened yet.

“It will happen with more visual learning and working with the analysis team, they will get a lot better at it.”

Wanderers have won six of their last eight matches as they aim to make a late push for a play-off place.

While Evatt is pleased with his side’s recent progress, he insists there is still room for improvement in the coming weeks and months.

He added: “We don’t need any of our players to follow the ball around. It is about taking up spaces where you can impact the opposition. That is what our football is about.

“Sometimes that is about moving away from the ball and pulling players around and I don’t think we have done that enough.

“There is so much that this team can improve on and I don’t think we have dominated games with possession like we can, and will, but what we are doing is looking a real threat.

“I want to find a blend of what we were earlier in the season and what we are now, and I would like to be somewhere in between.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum