Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

National Pie Week - Next Week

+2
wanderlust
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1National Pie Week - Next Week Empty National Pie Week - Next Week Sun Mar 06 2022, 17:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen the top 15 favourite pies from a poll in the UK which are...

1.Cottage pie - 100K
2.Fish pie - 50K
3.Chicken and mushroom pie - 17K
4.Steak and ale pie - 14K
5.Lancashire Hotpot - 13K
6.Steak pie - 12K
7.Cheese and onion pie - 10K
8.Pork pie - 7K
9.Meat and potato pie - 6.5K
10.Steak and kidney pie - 5.9K
11.Shepherds pie - 4.9K
12.Cheese pie - 2.9K
13.Butter pie - 2.8K
14.Game pie - 2.3K
15.Pigeon pie - 800

I'm disappointed to see that there are no Whist pies on that list as I have a thing about those at the moment.

Is your favourite on the list and do you agree with it?

2National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Sun Mar 06 2022, 18:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought July 22nd was national pie day?

It is 22/7 after all.

3National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Sun Mar 06 2022, 18:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I thought July 22nd was national pie day?

It is 22/7 after all.

Pie Week commences on the 7th March till the 13th.

4National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Sun Mar 06 2022, 21:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I always had a meat pie and a pastie from the pie shop back in the day.

As for your list I find it quite strange that 100k people like Cottage pie yet only 4.9k like Sheppard's pie, I would have thought they'd be roughly the same?

I've always fancied having a pigeon pie, my dad used to tell me about them but they'd stop making them by the time I arrived on the scene.  When I a youngster though my mam used to bake us rabbit pie and it was lovely but again the butchers seem to stop selling them by the time I was a teen/in my twenties?

Similarly I used to love eating lambs fries and again you could never get them at the butchers around the same time too?

I guess looking back now that there must have been a change in the law around then, maybe something to do with joining the Common Market?

Thinking about it a bit more the UCP disappeared around that time too, I used to love my mothers cooked tripe and mash.

Happy days.

5National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Sun Mar 06 2022, 22:18

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:I always had a meat pie and a pastie from the pie shop back in the day.

As for your list I find it quite strange that 100k people like Cottage pie yet only 4.9k like Sheppard's pie, I would have thought they'd be roughly the same?

I've always fancied having a pigeon pie, my dad used to tell me about them but they'd stop making them by the time I arrived on the scene.  When I was a youngster though my mam used to bake us rabbit pie and it was lovely but again the butchers seem to stop selling them by the time I was a teen/in my twenties?

Similarly I used to love eating lambs fries and again you could never get them at the butchers around the same time too?

I guess looking back now that there must have been a change in the law around then, maybe something to do with joining the Common Market?

Thinking about it a bit more the UCP disappeared around that time too, I used to love my mothers cooked tripe and mash.

Happy days.
I thought the same thing about cottage and Shepherds pie Sluffy, can’t understand such a big difference. Hollands meat and potato pie for me, eaten them all my life and they still taste the same, other than we now have to refer to them as potato and meat due to the content!! 🥴

Having said that I had an absolutely stunning steak pie recently from the chippie at the top of Red Bank Road in Cleveleys last time I was in Blackpool for the lights. I hadn’t been to it for many years since I was a kid and didn’t even know if it was still there but to my surprise it was. It boasts to being the best fish and chip shop in Blackpool and judging by what we all had, I think they’ve got a good shout with that, everything was top notch.

6National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Mon Mar 07 2022, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A cottage pie isn't even a real pie, it has no pastry!

7National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Mon Mar 07 2022, 11:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:A cottage pie isn't even a real pie, it has no pastry!
Well said. I mentioned this to my brother, and he accused me of being a pie snob!

And this from a man who wore a cravat to school!!!

8National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Mon Mar 07 2022, 12:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is 22/7 after all.
karlypants wrote:Pie Week commences on the 7th March till the 13th.

TBH I thought it was a crap nerd joke too Smile

9National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Mon Mar 07 2022, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from home made pies (the best) I didn't eat bought pies for about 40 years having weaned myself of the like's of Holland's and Carr's pasties - until recently when our mates introduced us to a local baker who supplies Blickling Hall so we now enjoy walking their dogs round the lake and rewarding ourselves with a pie and a brew at our destination. Haven't done it this side of Xmas as the missus inconsiderately broke her leg playing tennis in January so we've been stuck in whilst she goes through her lady muck "oops I seem to have accidentally dropped my fork - again" and "peel me a grape whilst you're up" phase. Thank f*** she's on the mend.

10National Pie Week - Next Week Empty Re: National Pie Week - Next Week Mon Mar 07 2022, 16:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

It is 22/7 after all.
karlypants wrote:Pie Week commences on the 7th March till the 13th.

TBH I thought it was a crap nerd joke too Smile
Nothing about the raspberry Pi here.  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum