Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt stays calm in play-off chase in League One

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt stays calm in play-off chase in League One 13548332

Ian Evatt refuses to look elsewhere in Wanderers’ play-off chase.

The Whites hauled a point back on the top six at the weekend after sweeping aside Gillingham but remain in 11th spot looking up at the teams above them.

Morecambe are next up at the UniBol tomorrow night but the Bolton boss refuses to stress out about the possible permutations elsewhere.

“All we can do is take care of business, it’s as simple as that,” he said. “People are going to win, people are going to lose.

“Of course I hope we are going to win and not lose because we haven’t got that luxury anymore and we’re going to give it our best shot.

“To win nine from 12 in this league is really, really tough. We feel like there’s more to come from this group. It’s a relatively young group and I’m delighted with them and delighted with where they’re at.” Asked if his players have a chance of making the play-offs, the Bolton boss added: “We set the players a points target a good few weeks ago now. We know what we have got to do to make that target.

“Whether that’s good enough to get to the play-offs or not, we don’t know. We think it gives us a good chance but that means putting a run together and winning consistently.

“We have won nine from 12 but we need a lot more, there’s very little margin for error, so just keep our heads down, keep working hard, take it game by game and see where that takes us.”

The win at Gillingham raised Evatt’s spirits but he warned his side they cannot afford to drop off against Morecambe tomorrow night.

“Gillingham can be a really intense atmosphere,” he said. “It can be intimidating, it can be difficult and I thought the control we had really limited the fans’ involvement in the game.

“We kind of broke their spirit as well by having the ball so much in good areas and recycling and looking threatening.

“Some of our combination play around the box was fantastic and we looked really sharp and lively on a difficult surface so there’s lots to improve on, lots to look forward to and I’m pleased with how it went there, but we have to now focus on Tuesday. We have to keep that up.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum