Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Social Media Addiction

+3
Bolton Nuts
boltonbonce
wanderlust
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Social Media Addiction Empty Social Media Addiction Sun Mar 27 2022, 10:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a Facebook account so I can see what's happening with my aunt and cousins in South Africa and to remind me when people's birthdays are coming up - because I never remember them. Plus I'm in 9 special interest groups (3 Wanderers related and 6 music tech related) but I don't post.
I have a Twitter account and follow a handful of subjects I'm interested in but again, I don't post.
I'm on Linked in but haven't posted for years since I retired and I ignore all the requests to hook up with others. Reckon I should just delete my account if that's possible.
That's it.

Had a conversation with my daughter the other week who was into Tiktok etc etc  - the lot - and to my surprise she told me she had finally decided to give it all up, remove her profiles and close her accounts after years of feeling obliged to post/comment/like/dislike/share pictures of her dinner and generally be a slave to the demands of social media.

Anyone else have a family member who is a social media junkie?

2Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Sun Mar 27 2022, 14:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only social media I use is Nuts, if that's what it is. Never had a Facebook account, and twitter leaves me cold.
I'm pretty old fashioned. In fact I still had a typewriter until about five years ago. It's very easy to say something mean or nasty in an email, or a social media post, and, having pressed 'send' the barb can't be taken back.
Writing a letter gives you time to calm down, mull over what you're about to place into an envelope, and think better of it.
Maybe we should all take that little bit of time, and think a little harder, before we post our initial responses.
I've saved myself on more than once in this respect.
Social media is a great tool. But so is a chainsaw. In my hands though, a chainsaw takes on another life.
Social media, to me, is a chainsaw. I'm steering well clear.

3Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Sun Mar 27 2022, 14:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

boltonbonce wrote:The only social media I use is Nuts, if that's what it is. Never had a Facebook account, and twitter leaves me cold.
I'm pretty old fashioned. In fact I still had a typewriter until about five years ago. It's very easy to say something mean or nasty in an email, or a social media post, and, having pressed 'send' the barb can't be taken back.
Writing a letter gives you time to calm down, mull over what you're about to place into an envelope, and think better of it.
Maybe we should all take that little bit of time, and think a little harder, before we post our initial responses.
I've saved myself on more than once in this respect.
Social media is a great tool. But so is a chainsaw. In my hands though, a chainsaw takes on another life.
Social media, to me, is a chainsaw. I'm steering well clear.

I would never say something mean or nasty online you total wanker.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Sun Mar 27 2022, 17:11

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Button it twatface!!!!!!!!

5Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Sun Mar 27 2022, 18:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arseholes

6Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Sun Mar 27 2022, 18:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m quite surprised that Natasha hasn’t commented on her obsession for the dating apps such as Grindr and bender.

7Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Mon Mar 28 2022, 01:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Social Media Addiction F38f574135b7986819aae8ba94e69d0d

8Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Mon Mar 28 2022, 13:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I guarantee though that if we weren’t all miserable old gits now, we’d have been just as much into social media as our kids and grandkids are. Fortunately, instead of the fake news and garbage posted on the internet, we listened to fake news and garbage on the BBC and Sky!! Just generational I suppose? ☺

9Social Media Addiction Empty Re: Social Media Addiction Mon Mar 28 2022, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I guarantee though that if we weren’t all miserable old gits now

Speak for yourself, I'm 32.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum