Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ever been nicked?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ever been nicked? Empty Ever been nicked? Thu Apr 07 2022, 09:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The article about the cells at Bolton police station reopening got me thinking about being locked up, anyone on here ever spent any time in one of those cells?

Anyone had one too many and got in a fight on Bradshawgate and sobered up in a cell or any other reason you can admit to?

The closest i got was a visit to the police station and a look at the cells when i was a scout aged about 10 or 11  Very Happy

2Ever been nicked? Empty Re: Ever been nicked? Thu Apr 07 2022, 09:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does being in KP's underground dungeon count?

3Ever been nicked? Empty Re: Ever been nicked? Thu Apr 07 2022, 10:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No comment. Surprised

Ever been nicked? Scene-of-crime-officers-remove-a-computer-from-a-crime-scene-as-a-CE51N3

4Ever been nicked? Empty Re: Ever been nicked? Thu Apr 07 2022, 11:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Does being in KP's underground dungeon count?
Does he let you out occasionally or is he full Fritzl?

5Ever been nicked? Empty Re: Ever been nicked? Thu Apr 07 2022, 11:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I was in a police line up once!

Well in truth I never actually got to stand in the line though.

It was all rather odd really, the story was that one day at work the Town Hall received a request for help from the police for men at a certain age, height, build, hair colour, ethnicity and so on, to attend the police station for a hastily arranged police line up.  The council circulated the message to staff and give permission for people to take time off and go.

I broadly matched the profile given and thought it would be fun to go.

When I got to the station, I told them I'd been invited to an identification parade they took my details and showed me to a room were other men were waiting to go on the line up too.

I thought they must have taken me to the wrong room!

Everyone looked vastly different to each other and to the criteria that I had match to?

After a wait, a police officer asked me and two or three others to step through to another room and told us we didn't quite match the specification they had been looking for (God knows what it most have been as there was a complete physical randomness of the people I saw waiting there), thanked us for volunteering and give us £20 or something like that for our expenses.

A bit of a strange experience really.

Do they even do identity parades anymore?

Fwiw I've had to go down to police stations occasionally over my working career to give statements, a few of which have led to prosecutions.

I've always found the police personnel I've dealt with to be somewhat different to other people, I guess it must be the culture they work in as part of the job they do?

6Ever been nicked? Empty Re: Ever been nicked? Thu Apr 07 2022, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Imagine volunteering for a line up and then getting picked out by mistake  Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]