Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Do the business' - Ian Evatt's challenge to squad amid injuries

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Do the business' - Ian Evatt's challenge to squad amid injuries 13657241

The final weeks of the season are an opportunity for the Wanderers squad to prove why they belong in the side, according to Ian Evatt.

Evatt admits he is likely to rotate in the coming weeks given their current injury situation and has challenged his players come in and “do the business”.

“The messages are always consistent and the same,” he told The Bolton News.

“Fitness and sharpness-wise, it is difficult to maintain being 100 per cent match fit when you have not played regularly.

“But they all look after themselves, they all train intensely hard, they are all coached the same way so there are no excuses there. They have to come in and stake a claim and do the business.”

With five games still to play, it seems unlikely that Wanderers will achieve back-to-back promotions.

Evatt reckons the step up from the fourth tier to the third has become too steep for any side to achieve this feat due to the number of big teams and investment throughout the division.

The Bolton chief admits this season feels like a missed opportunity but is confident they are on track as they aim to keep climbing up the leagues.

He added: “Football seasons are a long, long time and it feels like a lot has happened this season.

“We have been through a lot and I think it is feasible from the National League with the amount of money being spent in the league and how close it is to League Two, but after that is where it stops.

“I think the gulf between the top 11, 12 clubs in this division compared to League Two is gigantic and bigger than probably we all realised to be honest, and then likewise again in the Championship. I would be amazed if we see that again at any stage really.

“Our job this season was obviously to look at being in the top six and I feel like it is kind of an opportunity missed.

“Some of it has been our own doing, some of it we have been awfully unlucky with injuries at key times of the season.

“I think we have left some points out there but I guess every team can say the same thing. It is about carrying momentum through to next year and we know what is expected of us.

“There is no denying that, so finish strongly and then regroup and recruit in the summer and go again.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum