Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kieran Sadlier on aiming high at Wanderers and finally feeling 'settled'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kieran Sadlier on aiming high at Wanderers and finally feeling 'settled' 13655257

Kieran Sadlier is determined to finish the season on a high and insists Wanderers have big ambitions for next term.

The Whites are now 12 points off the top six with five games to go and it would take a remarkable turn of events to make the play-offs from here.

But Sadlier wants to keep building momentum and climb up the table, starting with Saturday’s clash with fifth-placed Sheffield Wednesday.

“We want to see what we can do this season, we want to win every single game,” he told The Bolton News.

“We are a few points off (the top six) now but never say never. But next season we have one target in mind and that is to get promoted and win the league.

“I think we have got everything to do that. I am looking forward to pre-season but first of all I want to concentrate on the next five games.

“We have got a big one at the weekend - another big team and another in-form team - and we want to try and win that game.”

Sadlier believes there have been lots of encouraging signs in the Whites’ recent performances and feels they can adapt depending on the opposition.

He added: “I think against Wigan we came away thinking that apart from the poor first half, we could have won that game.

"They are top of the league at the moment and there is no reason why, even if it is next season, we can’t go and win the league.

“We can compete against anyone in this league. A lot of teams play different ways and we can adapt to that.

“We have shown that we can dig in at places like Crewe and we can win in different ways, not just always passing.

“I think it is just adapting and using a little bit of experience. We can use that going into next season and in the next five games we’ve got, we want to win every game.

“We want to finish strong and see what happens.”

Sadlier was one of seven new additions to the Wanderers squad during the January transfer window after joining from Rotherham.

The former West Ham trainee is loving life in the North West and says he feels at home at the UniBol.

“For the first time in a while I feel really settled, not just on the pitch but off it as well – where I am living, the area and how people have welcomed me,” he said.

“It has been really good. Obviously, the crowd and seeing 12,000 season tickets sold for next season already – those little things do make a difference to players.

“I have enjoyed every minute and it will be nice to get a full pre-season under my belt at a club where I feel happy and settled. I am really looking forward to that.”

The 27-year-old admits Wanderers’ style of play is very different to what he was used to earlier this season but reckons he is well suited to it.

“The styles of play are quite different, I think everybody knows that,” he added.

“We play out from the back here and take risks with the ball. Growing up, I have always liked to play that way so it suits me more.

“Playing wing-back here, people will say you are playing the same position but it is a completely different style of play.

“You can see I am getting the ball a lot to my feet, I rarely get it around my head. I enjoy it, I just focus on my own football and my own career.”

Sadlier played as a wing-back against Portsmouth earlier this week and says he has a good relationship with Gethin Jones on the right flank.

He is delighted with the togetherness in the Wanderers squad and admits it hasn’t always been the case throughout his career.

“Geth is good, he communicates well and everyone in the team does to be honest,” said the Bolton man.

“I am still building relationships with people, obviously I move around in the team a little bit. The lads are all great, we are quite a close group.

“It is always good that you can that because there are other places I have been where you don’t really build those relationships. It is enjoyable and I think it is important, especially going forward.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum