Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt cites Conor McGregor exaomple as blueprint for success

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt cites Conor McGregor exaomple as blueprint for success 13668772

Wanderers must do more to impose their game on League One opponents next season, Ian Evatt has warned.

With promotion hopes gone and four games remaining in the current campaign, thoughts are now turning towards a summer recruitment drive and what must be added to the squad to go one better in 12 months’ time.

Evatt has hinted in recent weeks he could bring in more experience and physicality to counteract some of the more direct sides in the division.

But speaking after his team had held play-off hopefuls Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, the Wanderers boss said his players must learn not to get drawn into a fight they cannot win.

“I think what we have learned from the best teams currently in this league which other than MK Dons really are Rotherham, Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday, those types, they are all quite similar in terms of experience,” he said.

“They have lots of experience, lots of nous, lots of physicality. They are strong teams if you look at them, big strong lads, and we need to manage those games better.

“There are different ways to fight. Like I always say to the players about Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor. Conor McGregor went into a boxing ring and fought Floyd Mayweather’s fight with boxing gloves on in boxing rules and got beat up.

“But if he had got in a cage, what would have been the outcome? We need to manage what their strengths are but then bringing our own strengths to the table, make those teams fight our fight, and I think that is where we really need to improve and be better moving forwards.”

Source

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt couldn't have used a worse arsehole as an example. :nono:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum