Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spending divide is getting bigger in League One, warns Evatt

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spending divide is getting bigger in League One, warns Evatt 13678033

Wanderers will be up against some serious names and budgets in League One next season, warned Ian Evatt.

With Barnsley, Derby County and Peterborough United currently occupying the bottom three spots in the Championship and Reading hovering just above, it is likely that League One will have a few more big names to add to the collection in August.

Evatt is wary of a big spending divide which has effectively split the top and bottom half of the division this term. And he does not foresee things changing any time soon.

"For one, only three teams can be promoted," he said. "You have teams from the Championship coming down that are all going to be big, big clubs.

"I just feel that there is such a difference between the teams at the bottom that have aspirations of course, but just are not no the same level – fanbase, revenue wise – as 10 or 11 other teams.

"It is going to be really difficult for them, so the gap is becoming bigger and bigger.

"You need time to build, regardless of what football club you are. That has been highlighted to me this season."

Wanderers went into the season with hopes of securing successive promotions but Evatt says such feats will become a rare sight.

"I would be amazed if any team does back-to-back promotions from League Two to the Championship or from League One to the Premier League," he said. "I just cannot see it happening in the modern world and with the way the game is going."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

Yes Ian, Peterborough, Barnsley & Reading are all "big, big clubs".

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote: :facepalm:

Yes Ian, Peterborough, Barnsley & Reading are all "big, big clubs".

Have you thought about enrolling for one of Marcus Rashford's Learn About Money classes? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Have you thought about enrolling for one of Marcus Rashford's Learn About Money classes? Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

Ever thought of going to a real live match and getting back some of that passion for the game Bob? I'm sure Lady Bobsworth will give you Monday afternoon off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum