Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt's verdict on 2-1 win at Doncaster Rovers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt's verdict on 2-1 win at Doncaster Rovers 13685403

Ian Evatt hopes victory at Doncaster Rovers is the start of a perfect Easter Weekend for Wanderers.

Kieran Sadlier and Amadou Bakayoko grabbed goals at the Eco Power Stadium to earn a win which plunged their opponents deeper into the relegation mire.

Nearly 3,000 Bolton fans enjoyed the holiday sun in South Yorkshire, watching their team clinch their first Good Friday win since 1963.

Accrington Stanley are next up on Monday – and with more than 16,000 discount tickets already sold, Evatt is looking forward to a proper Lancashire clash.

“I can’t wait for it,” he told The Bolton News. “I have already picked the team, to be honest, because it is really physically draining playing two games over the weekend with the injuries we have got.

“The one place we have the luxury of making changes is the forward areas, which has not always been the case, so read into that what you will.

“But we are excited to play at home and our fans were excellent once again. They were real hair standing up on the back of your neck moments at times (against Doncaster). I thank them again for their amazing support because it really helps the players get over the line.”

Evatt felt his side coped well in a game Doncaster really had to win, defending stoutly under some serious pressure in the second half.

“I thought Doncaster were excellent, well-prepared and it was more or less all on the line, so they chucked everything at it,” Evatt said of his opponents.

“We had to ride the storm a little bit in the second half but we have got some good forward players and they have come up with the goods for us.

“I thought it was an entertaining game, there was a bit of needle and spice, we all wanted to win.

“We highlighted in our analysis work that they were susceptible from crosses in particular and we scored from two, maybe could have done more in the first half.

“But they were two very well taken goals and I am pleased because it was a challenging game. We had to dig in and scrap and I thought our attitude was excellent.

“I have said a bit in previous weeks that coming to places like this, struggling teams, has been our Kryptonite, and when they put it on us we have sometimes wilted. We are not proud of that.

“We keep saying we win or we learn and we know what we need to do to manage the game.

“I think at times we were a little bit naïve in the second half, it became a bit transitional, the gaps between the lines became too big and we were not connected as a team. It was like basketball.

“It was whoever got that punch in last and, fortunately for us, that was us.

“We will learn from that again, show them the footage, and improve again.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum