Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The stat that shows Bolton Wanderers are officially better than Real Madrid!

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers fans have been treated to more late goals than any other set of fans in Europe’s main competitions this season.

Ian Evatt’s side has scored 26 times inside the 76th to 90th minute – putting them three ahead of Spanish giants Real Madrid!

Okay, Karim Benzema and Co have done it in fewer games but the excitement stakes for those watching the Whites this season cannot be denied and they added another goal to their tally on Saturday in the 2-1 win at Cheltenham Town.

Wanderers, now seven unbeaten, still have a chance to nip ahead of Portsmouth to finish ninth on their first season back in League One.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“It is looking like it is going to be a pretty good finish to the season and that’s what we wanted, take as many points as we can and maybe get that ninth spot,” said midfielder, Aaron Morley.

“We have just been out there trying to win every game, playing with no weight on our shoulders, just playing free. The gaffer and Hirdy (Sam Hird) have given us the say-so and the results have just kept on coming, which has been brilliant.

“We wear teams down and keep the ball from them, so in that last 15-20 minutes they drop off and we seem to get better. I think we are the top team in Europe scoring late, so that has been great.

“And it suits me being a possession-based team. Hopefully that is how we stay because I love it.”

Morley has proved a popular addition to the Wanderers ranks since joining the club from Rochdale in January.

The 22-year-old was impressed by the atmosphere created by 1,300-plus travelling supporters at Whaddon Road, and reckons Bolton’s support has been a big factor in a positive season.

“It is the best away following I have ever been a part of, honestly, it is a long way to Cheltenham so to bring this many and for them to never stop singing, it is unbelievable – it really helps us.”

After MJ Williams was substituted at half time on Saturday with a hand injury, Morley played the second half alongside Kyle Dempsey, a fellow new recruit from Gillingham.

Dempsey has had a frustrating time with injury since he arrived at the UniBol – but Morley believes he adds to some strong midfield competition alongside the likes of Wiliams, Kieran Lee, Josh Sheehan and George Thomason.

“Kyle goes forward a lot more than me but he’s a class player and I love playing with him,” he added. “This is definitely a strong squad when you look at the midfielders who aren’t here and after every game you don’t know for sure if you have got your shirt or not. You just have to put everything into games, into training, and hopefully it is enough.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Utter drivel. Does someone really get paid to write this nonsense?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Utter drivel. Does someone really get paid to write this nonsense?

You can't say that about the Beeno's esteemed journo virtuoso.

As they might say at the University of Karlsruhe:

jeder hat seinen geschmack

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah - Real Madrid would really struggle against Doncaster and Crewe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum