Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman EXCLUSIVE: I did not leave Crystal Palace for the money

+7
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Brian Damage
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Here are the Palace owners (Browett and Steve Parish) having an open conversation with Palace fans about Freedman's exit...

In reply to the blog post claiming that Freedman was forced out of Palace by the owners...

'What a crock of rubbish.
Absolutely factually incorrect in almost every detail
No name attached, no balls, no truth just a pack of made up nonsense'

'I've only just seen this.

As Steve P posted earlier on this thread, it's just a pack of lies. If anyone knows the author I would be delighted to put him straight. We have nothing to hide.'

We are misleading nobody and we have told no lies.
We tried to get him to stay. We offered him a very generous new contract but he wanted to go to Bolton. If someone doesn't want to work for you, contract or not, you can't force them to stay.

Questions from a cynical poster and answered by owners:

1) What was relationship with DF

I like Dougie, I think/thought we had a good relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Dawes (2)
2) Were you responsible for the change in tactics

Not really, we all wanted a more positive approach and between us all that got through but we also needed the players to do it and I think we got more energy in the side

Quote:
3) Can you absolutely promise that you have no intention to sell Wilf or JW

Never say never, if we get some kind of crazy offer, but why would we sell them otherwise in January, especially if we are in with a shout

Quote:
4) why was DF so late in the transfer market, were you not willing to back him in the summer.

Was he late? AW, JW both bought early, Ramage with us all summer , Paddy injury meant we had to get CB(s) , Bollasi signed a bit late but we were trying for two and negotiations ran on a bit

Quote:
5) Why has 1 director stated spoke to DF saturday and another Sunday with regard to approach from Bolton.

Brief chat sat, longer meeting Sunday

Quote:
6) Why did you not wait for DF to sign for Bolton , what was the delay.

Dont understand, I think you mean why did we announce before they announced? DF told me Tuesday that he was going to Bolton, I announced so we could move on fast and start looking for replacement . I really don't know why its taken till now for them to confirm

Quote:
7) Why was DF being payed such a low salary in comparison to the rest of the league ?

He wasn't. every figure mentioned on here and portrayed as fact is completely wrong

Quote:
When did you offer DF a new contract.

Sunday

Why had you waited until Sunday to offer contract ? especially when you understood that DF had grabbed other teams interest.

So spoke to df sat after game about approach all tired arranged to meet sun morning.

Had no idea of other clubs interest until Bolton contacted us

Poster LLCoolSteve, claims to know Dougie and his family and has defended him to the hilt posted this:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Not at all

Nothing ive said in here is not the truth

Its only awkward as people refuse to believe it.

Steve, you have said plenty on the BBS that is not the truth. Maybe you have been mis-informed, maybe you are naive, I don't know which.

Please give me a call tomorrow morning and I'll be glad to tell you the real truth. At the moment you are digging yourself into a hole and embarrassing yourself and Dougie as well. The man is a Palace legend and a great guy. He has decided to take another job at another football club. Get over it.

I will be very pleased to speak to you in the morning and put you right on this.

Best Regards

Steve Browett

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
There is nothing to discuss

The blog is not mine ffs

How can you write scores of posts on the BBS which are basically calling me and SP liars and then say "there is nothing to discuss". We are telling the truth and I think that I have every right to tell you our side of the story.

I have never suggested in any way that you wrote that blog and are puzzled as to why you would say that.

I don't have your number so you will have to call me. I have left my number (which is no secret anyway) with your Mother.

Originally Posted by Stellavista
If Steve is not posting what he wants to, because he has been warned off by the owner(s), then that is an attempt at censorship in my book.
At the very least, it could be construed as intimidation.
Plenty of us doubt what he says, but he shouldn't be expected to fight his corner with one hand tied behind his back.

Eh? When have Steve or I threatened to censor the BBS, that is absolute nonsense. All I have have said is that instead of continuing to suggest that somehow CPFC drove Dougie out of the club, LLCS should listen to the facts. I'd be happy to speak to him on the phone tomorrow, in the pub in Leicester or wherever.

I don't mean to make it sound scary! Just that I don't know how to contact him but his mother is a friend of someone who works at the club who has passed on my phone number to him via her.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least the owners of Palace were prepared to get into a dialogue with the fans. What do we have? Azreal and his bullshit.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum