Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Brazil

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton v Brazil Empty Bolton v Brazil Sun Jun 12 2022, 18:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2Bolton v Brazil Empty Re: Bolton v Brazil Sun Jun 12 2022, 20:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I remember this happening!

It wasn't a game as such, Brazil used Bolton as their training HQ in preparation for the World Cup and some of our players at the time were used in providing a friendly match or two.

It was a big thing at the time and some of my mates even went down to Bromwich Street to see Pele and the rest, train but I could see the point in making all the effort just on the off chance I could see the great man do a few keepy-uppies.

I more regret a few years later missing the evening game we had against City that I thought we had no chance with which we won thanks to Gary Jones hat-trick!

3Bolton v Brazil Empty Re: Bolton v Brazil Mon Jun 13 2022, 02:40

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was down there at Bromwich street on a regular basis when the Brazilians were there. I was 11 years old at the time and Bromwich St was a 15 minute walk from where I lived in Tonge Fold. Didn't see too much of Pele as he always seemed to be recovering from injury after getting kicked from pillar to post during the qualifying group stage matches. Remember watching Garrincha though. Great days.

4Bolton v Brazil Empty Re: Bolton v Brazil Fri Jun 17 2022, 23:34

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Can you imagine Bolton v Brazil now and being able to just nip down to the field to watch it without 150,000 people turning up?

A different world now.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum