Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your second sport?

+6
okocha
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's your second sport? Empty What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 13:39

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just wondering what everyone else's second sport is, if, in fact, football is your first love. 

I'll go first...
1. Football
2. American Football

I've become increasingly interested in the NFL in recent years which was originally out of necessity due to the nature of my work. But the more I understood the game the more I started to enjoy it to the point where, at certain stages of a season, I've been much more excited about watching it than a Sunday Premier League game.

I watch way less football than I used to and my interest in the PL has wained massively over the past 3 or 4 seasons. I just find the majority of games to be dull or a foregone conclusion with the top-tier teams almost always winning their games - it doesn't excite me that teams like City or Liverpool can go almost the whole season without losing. However, the incredible football on display in the Champions League later stages is something I hate to miss and definitely comes in second to watching the Wanderers.

2What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 13:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough one.
It used to be cricket, but I've lost interest over the years, and, although I'm a big NFL fan, I'd have to put Rugby League above it.

3What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 14:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't think I have one really.

I can't even say football is my favourite sport as I really only follow BWFC and just have a passing interest with other teams (including England).

I rather say 'major events' are what I'm more interested in, things like the big cycling Tours, the Ryder Cup, big boxing bouts, the Olympics, World Cup, England Test Matches, etc.

Apart from BWFC the only team I keep an eye open for is Lancashire Cricket.

When I was a bit younger I used to play all sports, mainly football but I played 'competitive' matches in football, rugby, rugby league, badminton, cricket, and even once represented Thames Valley Harriers Athletics club!

None to a high standard of course!

Happy days and all that but the body is not up to anything more than a jog around the park these days.

4What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 14:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’d go for boxing 🥊

5What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 14:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Snooker.

I like potting the pink.

6What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 16:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Have loved playing and watching most sports. Nowhere near so fit any more but still play a bit of golf, tennis and badminton.

At the risk of attracting a deluge of abuse from the usual suspects about bragging, here's what I managed when I was younger:-

Tennis: I played in 4 finals of the Bolton Lawn Tennis Championships as a junior. 

Football: Was chosen to go to Lilleshall for coaching and training with England Schools. 

Cricket: Won several bowling awards at school and in Lancashire Leagues as a junior wth a best of ten wickets for three runs (cue the doubters!!) .... and in Southern Leagues as an adult with a best of six wickets for four runs. Scored 110 against Caerleon.

Golf: Have won tournaments and managed 3 holes-in-one over the years.

Badminton and table tennis successes at university and then in the south of England

7What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 17:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These days only sports I participate in every week are football and table tennis - and I've only started playing TT again recently because the missus "wants us to do something together". TBH I quite enjoy it.

Play tennis and golf every blue moon (rotator cuff issues) and cycle frequently in summer, but that's leisurely these days - my 1960s Claud Butler is a bit of an antique compared to the new bikes my serious-about-cycling mates have so it's only 10 to 15 miles poodling around the country lanes on a sunny day for me and the missus - usually with a stop off at the pub on the way back Smile

Watching sport is a different kettle of fish. Love boxing, NFL, cricket, rugby, snooker, pool, olympics, golf majors - most things tbh - except netball basketball, rounders baseball and penis substitutes F1 which I find incredibly boring for some reason. One of my sons is an F1 fanatic and I enjoy winding him up about the brumbrums.

If you're not differentiating between participating and just watching, it would be footie first followed by boxing and NFL tied for second.

8What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 18:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Have loved playing and watching most sports. Nowhere near so fit any more but still play a bit of golf, tennis and badminton.

At the risk of attracting a deluge of abuse from the usual suspects about bragging, here's what I managed when I was younger:-

Tennis: I played in 4 finals of the Bolton Lawn Tennis Championships as a junior. 

Football: Was chosen to go to Lilleshall for coaching and training with England Schools. 

Cricket: Won several bowling awards at school and in Lancashire Leagues as a junior wth a best of ten wickets for three runs (cue the doubters!!) .... and in Southern Leagues as an adult with a best of six wickets for four runs. Scored 110 against Caerleon.

Golf: Have won tournaments and managed 3 holes-in-one over the years.

Badminton and table tennis successes at university and then in the south of England
OK OK, thanks for joining in. Smile

What's your second sport? Stepbrothers-pummel-punch

9What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Mon Jun 13 2022, 23:44

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It would have to be cricket. Free entry to D5 of Test Match at Trent Bridge tomorrow so I'll be having some of that.
After that it would be Rugby League and NFL. Boxing too.

10What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Tue Jun 14 2022, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NFL for me and sometimes i think i enjoy this more than football these days.

I still enjoy cricket but only tend to watch internationals and i enjoy boxing but most of it seems to be on DAZN now and i'm not paying for another subscription.

Enjoy your free day at the cricket HP  Very Happy

11What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Tue Jun 14 2022, 08:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:It would have to be cricket. Free entry to D5 of Test Match at Trent Bridge tomorrow so I'll be having some of that.
After that it would be Rugby League and NFL. Boxing too.
Hope you see a great day's play with the right result, HP. Should be close

12What's your second sport? Empty Re: What's your second sport? Tue Jun 14 2022, 09:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Football definitely No1 for me but only Wanderers, England and occasional other games. Second would probably be cricket but again only Lanky and England. I like big boxing matches and the big Championships in golf. I don’t watch as much of it as I did when I played regularly off 2 but I don’t play much at all now, just takes up too much time which I don’t have now with the grandkids. I will watch most sports if there’s something on it, like the Olympics and obviously the World Cup. One I definitely don’t watch is F1 as I just don’t see how it can be any interest. Obviously I’m missing something!! 🥴

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum