Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We're in good shape' - Kachunga excited by attacking options at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We're in good shape' - Kachunga excited by attacking options at Wanderers 13962846

Elias Kachunga reckons Wanderers’ attack is shaping up nicely for the League One season ahead.

The former Huddersfield Town man has scored in each of the first three friendly matches and is confident Bolton will have the firepower to match their promotion ambitions.

Dion Charles, Dapo Afolayan, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Amadou Bakayoko have also got off the mark this summer, ensuring that competition for a starting place is strong.

Kachunga hopes that will continue to the end of the month, when Ian Evatt’s side travel to Ipswich Town to start off the league campaign.

“It is always good to score goals – I think we need to keep it going and then we will see what happens when the season comes,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think it is exciting. There will be opportunities for everyone, we have good quality in attack and everyone will be fighting for a place in the team. We have to make sure we stay in top shape.

“I think we are in good condition. The club gave us a good plan over the summer and then when we went over to Portugal our running stats were right up there, so now we have to come together to get the shape and the detail right.”

Kachunga says pre-season has been physically challenging – and with the players still doing double training sessions at Lostock, the hard work is far from over.

Having previously turned out in Germany, the Premier League and the Championship, the 30-year-old reckons players have to grin and bear it at this time of year, no matter which club they represent.

“Every player is the same,” he said. “It is hard and you have to be at your limit.

“There are hard days with a lot of sessions and some days you can feel tired but you know at the end of the season is will be worth all the work.”

“I think it (England) is quite similar (to Germany) but it differs from manager to manager. Some put focus on more running, some on ball work. Everyone is different but at this moment I think we have had a good pre-season and the games have had plenty of goals.

“Every game is getting stronger and stronger – we have a few games left now where the opponents will get stronger and we will learn from it.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum