Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No drama: 'Improving' Trafford given the all-clear after Charlton knock

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No drama: 'Improving' Trafford given the all-clear after Charlton knock 14872834

James Trafford has been cleared to face Cheltenham Town this weekend, The Bolton News understands.

The on-loan Manchester City goalkeeper needed some treatment at the end of Saturday’s 3-1 win against Charlton Athletic and appeared to be in some discomfort for the rest of the game.

But Trafford is not expected to carry any lasting damage into the weekend and will be free for the away day double-header with Cheltenham and MK Dons over the coming week.

Ian Evatt admitted he had his ‘heart in mouth’ after the late scare at the UniBol, where Trafford needed the attention of Matt Barrass and his medical team.

Wanderers had not named a keeper on the bench, with Evatt continuing his preference of naming an extra attacking option.

Trafford remains a big favourite with the Bolton fans and made a couple of crucial saves just after half time in Saturday’s victory to keep his side ahead.

Evatt has predicted a big future for the England Under-21 international, who will spent the entirety of this season on loan with the Whites.

“I don’t think there was any saves that he shouldn’t have made,” said the manager. “I think he should have saved all the ones he did, but he did it and credit to him.

“He is improving all the time. I think he will probably be a bit disappointed with the second one last week (against Plymouth), but that shows you how high his standards are. He is a fantastic young player, a fantastic young goalkeeper and he is another one of those where the world’s his oyster.

“But for now it is about staying hungry, humble, hardworking, keeping your feet on the ground and continuing to improve.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum