Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holloway to replace Freedman at Palace?

+10
wanderlust
chipbutty
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
Angry Dad
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Would we have done better going for Holloway rather than Dougie?

Crystal Palace have made an official approach for Blackpool boss Ian Holloway.

The Eagles made their move at 8pm on Thursday after finally naming their main target to replace Dougie Freedman at Selhurst Park.

Promotion-chasing Palace have spent more than a week considering their options after Freedman quit to join Bolton as replacement for Owen Coyle.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see him going there...

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Holloway has done a great job at Blackpool and is a really great guy but I would rather have dougie. No one knows just how good a manager dougie can be yet, he has started off very impressively, he could turn out to be one of the best managers about or he could be another coyle. Whereas I think with holloway you know his level. He has been at a lot of clubs now - Bristol rovers, qpr, Plymouth, Leicester, Blackpool.

Am surprised he is interested in palace, I thought Blackpool have more chance going up than them.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Holloway wasn't highly respected at all before Blackpool - to say his record was uninspiring would be an understatement. It just shows you can't write some people off.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I'd swap Blackpool for London in a blink.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Angry Dad wrote:I'd swap Blackpool for London in a blink.

I wouldn't swap Blackpool FC for Crystal Palace though! I know Palace are currently in a higher position, but Blackpool are better equipped to get promoted. Holloway will know that!

Palace will probably end up with Coyle, Kean, McLeish or someone similar.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Apparantly he has a clause in his contract of being able to bought out for £400k, so i'm guessing after we paid palace compo for DF and his mates they can affored to pay the £400k for holloway.

I'd rather stay at blackpool but there has been rumours holloway isn't exactly happy at blackpool at the moment.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His "reputation" is built on acting the fool in TV interviews.

He's done well at Blackpool but wouldn't excite me.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reputations can easily be built because of a two minuet interview on the telly and people like Holloway and McCarthy know it.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he hadn't gone to blackpool he would be another megson in terms of reputation, though i'll give him credit for changing his football style since taking the blackpool job.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would bet good money that Coyle goes to Blackpool.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting one, and it's looking increasingly like Holloway is heading back darn sarf. Coyle's not a bad punt for Blackpool.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well Aaron must be right then, and theres problems behind the scenes at Blackpool. Because on paper, Blackpool are in a far better position to get promoted and even retain a place in the Premier League. Good young players already at the club, money to invest ect.

Palace only really have Zaha as far as I can see and no money to invest should they get promoted.

So basically, Blackpool would stand a chance in the resulting PL relegation battle should they get promoted and Palace would most likely do a Derby and be relegated by Christmas...

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holloway now confirmed as Palaces's manager affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oyston will want an out of work manager.

So Paul Ince or Susan's lad it is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't help feeling Palace have come out of this a lot better than we have.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd be saying that if they hired a set of native american remains and a shrunken head.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You'd be saying that if they hired a set of native american remains and a shrunken head.

Shut it you bellend, you are making me seeth.

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

makes me wonder why Palace didn't offer Dougie the 4 1/2 year deal they have given Holly.

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Holloway does well on a smaller budget when given time to work with his squad. I thought he did very well at Plymouth, all things considered, so it's not exactly right that he's only done good things with Blackpool.

Saying that, his 'philosophy' on football at Blackpool was very much like Coyle's was here - so those wanting a better defence and a bit more emphasis on preparation and system might not have rated him much. It'll be interesting to see what he does at Palace though, and hopefully it takes Blackpool out of the equations for the playoffs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum