Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt eager to keep building momentum against 'awkward' Burton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt eager to keep building momentum against 'awkward' Burton 14815571

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt isn’t taking Burton lightly and insists the Brewers are “awkward” to play against.

The Whites suffered a 3-1 defeat on a night to forget at the Pirelli Stadium last season after failing to deal with their threat from set-pieces.

Dino Maamria’s side recorded a 1-0 win against Cheltenham over the weekend and seem to be gaining confidence after a difficult start to the campaign.

But Evatt is hopeful his side can build on their thrilling comeback at Accrington and make the most of the home conditions.

“I think it is going to be a really difficult game. They have a way of playing which is awkward and difficult to play against,” said the Bolton chief.

“Obviously, they have got the weaponry of the long throws and set-plays, which caused us problems towards the end of last season.

“However, we are at home. I think we are a much better team here because the dimensions and the surface suit us here.

“We are happy to be at home again and we are going to try and do our very best to win the game.”

Saturday’s victory at the Wham Stadium saw Evatt’s men climb back into the League One play-off places.

Evatt was delighted with the character his side showed against the Reds and hopes they can push on in the coming weeks.

He added: “Comebacks are always great. The feeling and emotion of football is a fantastic thing, and it is an amazing game sometimes.

“Just when you think you are down and out, momentum can shift and special things can happen. That happened on Saturday, and it didn’t happen by chance.

“It happened because we changed things, we moved, we brought on substitutes that affected the game and we went and won it. Not many teams could do that to Accrington the way we did second half, the way we built a head of steam.

“I read John’s [Coleman] comments after the game and he was very gracious in defeat. He said we deserved to win, and I believe we did deserve to win the game.

“The two goals we conceded were really poor, disappointing and we made it really difficult for ourselves.

“But to do what we did – especially when everyone had Forest Green and Cheltenham in their heads. Historically at Accrington by the way, we lost 7-1 there and lost last season, so it is a pretty good result I would say and hopefully we can build on that this week.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum