Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'I'm loving being here' - Toal eager to kick on at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'I'm loving being here' - Toal eager to kick on at Wanderers 16282654

Eoin Toal had to be patient after joining Wanderers but is now starting to show what he can do in League One.

The young defender arrived at the UniBol with an ankle problem, which he played through during his final appearance for Derry City.

But Toal has shown encouraging signs since coming into the side, starting three League One matches in total.

The 23-year-old knew coming to England would be difficult, but he is loving life at the UniBol and relishing the competition in the squad.

The centre-back said: “I knew it wouldn’t be easy. I knew coming over here was going to be challenging, playing against different types of opposition every week.

“The months leading up to my first games really helped. I’ve been training with very good players who have played a lot of games in League One and I’ve been learning a lot from them, so it’s been good.”

He added: “I came in with an injury which slowed things down a bit at the start, but everyone has been great with me.

“I’ve got a couple of league games under my belt now and I’ve played a few Papa Johns games as well, so it’s been very enjoyable and I’m loving being here.

“It’s been good to get some league minutes in. It’s only going to spur you to kick on further and hopefully I can do that.”

The Christmas schedule is one of the busiest periods in the EFL, but it is very different to what Toal was used to in the League of Ireland.

The defender is eager to experience the festive games and hopes Wanderers can continue to build momentum and consolidate their place in the top six.

“At my old club it was a summer league and we’d normally get November and December off,” he explained. “This is something different but I’m looking forward to it.

“I know Christmas is traditionally a big time for football over here and it will be good to experience it.

“It’s an important time for us as well. We need to get some more league points on the board and hopefully we can do that.”

Toal has previously represented Northern Ireland at youth level and now plays alongside a couple of senior internationals in Dion Charles and Conor Bradley at Wanderers.

Earlier this season, then manager Ian Baraclough revealed he had been to watch the 23-year-old train at Bolton and predicted he would thrive in League One.

“Dion (Charles) and Conor (Bradley) are here and already in the squad,” said Toal. “Hopefully, I can showcase my talents and later on get called in.

“But for now, I’m just focused on playing for Bolton and trying to do well for them.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum