Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Williams setting his sights high after completing Bolton move

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Williams setting his sights high after completing Bolton move 16327974

New signing Randell Williams is determined to help Wanderers’ promotion push after joining from Hull City.

Williams arrives at the University of Bolton Stadium for an undisclosed fee and has put pen to paper over a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 25-year-old watched the 3-0 win against Barnsley on Monday and was impressed by what he saw from his new team-mates.

“We are on a good run. I thought they were brilliant against Barnsley, so I am just excited to try to add the quality that I have to the squad,” he told the club’s YouTube channel.

“I had a good chat with the gaffer. He emphasised the direction and the type of style he wants to play.

“I think it will suit me to a tee, and I can only try to bring the best quality I can to the squad.”

Williams is available for Saturday’s clash with leaders Plymouth, who have won their last four league matches.

However, the wing-back hasn’t featured since October 16 when he came off the bench for the final half hour of Hull’s 2-0 defeat against Birmingham.

“I want to just get back playing again. It has been a few months since I played a proper game. I am just really excited to get started,” he added.

“As a player you want to play in the biggest games possible so my arrival couldn’t come at a better time really. Hopefully, I can help get three more points on the board.”

Williams has been a long-term target for Wanderers, and he hopes his League One experience will serve him well over the coming weeks and months.

“I played in League One with Wycombe, I have played in League Two. I really wanted to go and prove myself in the Championship,” he explained.

“Unfortunately, things didn’t work out for whatever reason. Obviously, the injury that I had didn’t help. But I’m here now and I’m ready to go.

“It was a great experience. Hopefully Bolton can go back up there and hopefully get to the Premier League. That is the goal.”

The wing-back scored at the UniBol for Exeter back in May 2021, although that fixture was played behind closed doors due to the pandemic.

Williams is looking forward to stepping out onto the pitch and experiencing the atmosphere from the Bolton faithful.

“(It is a) beautiful stadium,” he said. “When I was at the Barnsley game, the fans were incredible.

“So many travelling fans, it is really nice to see. I can’t imagine (what it is like) at home, it will be electric!”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum