Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'A different stimulus' - Cheltenham boss on Nlundulu's Bolton Wanderers move

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'A different stimulus' - Cheltenham boss on Nlundulu's Bolton Wanderers move 16333889

Cheltenham Town boss Wade Elliott confirmed that Dan Nlundulu has played his last game for the club and is now on his way to Bolton.

The Southampton striker will complete his loan deal today, with a formal announcement on Monday.

Nlundulu played 61 minutes for the Robins in a 2-1 defeat to Morecambe and was praised by Elliott for his attitude over the last few weeks as his immediate future was being decided.

The 23-year-old was offered the choice by his parent club between staying at Whaddon Road for the rest of the season or moving to the North West, where a potential permanent deal is available in the summer.

Elliott said the young striker had progressed in his time at the club.

“Dan has been good for us, we have been good for him. It is no secret and as far as I know he is going to go to Bolton, which will be a different challenge, a different stimulus for him in his career and that’s what he feels, him and Southampton, that different environment and type of challenge is what he needs.

“I said to him a few weeks ago, whatever you decide, make sure you keep giving your all. Give your best and if you do that, whatever you decide, if you stay, brilliant, if you decide somewhere else is what you need we’ll give you a hug, wish you all the best and send you on your way.”

Asked whether Southampton had pushed for their player to move elsewhere, Elliott added: “I don’t know, is the honest answer.

“I spoke with Dan and he has really enjoyed it. He recognises it has been really good for him. He has developed as a player and as a person. If he was to have stayed with us until the end of the season, he would have been perfectly comfortable with that. You have to respect that Bolton is a terrific club to play for as well.”

Elliott, whose side come to the University of Bolton Stadium on February 4, believes Nlundulu can be a success at Bolton.

“He is a really talented boy. He hadn’t played a lot of football before this spell. He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can see he is emotional. Sometimes it gets a reaction, but he is a good kid and a good soul and I think we have been really good for him.

“We had a conversation three or four weeks ago. He promised me that he was committed and he’d give his all for his loan spell and he has been good to his word.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum