Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt says Declan John tweet will be 'dealt with internally'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt says Declan John tweet will be 'dealt with internally' 16336518

Wandereres say they will deal internally with comments made on social media over the weekend by wingback Declan John.

Ian Evatt says he is unaware of any dispute between the player, himself or the club, but has been made aware of a tweet made by the defender on Saturday evening.

The message – later deleted – said: “There is always two sides to every story, just remember that” andĀ appeared to relate to an article in The Bolton News which carried an interview with Evatt, explaining why John had fallen out of favour.

Asked if he there had been any fall-out between the former Rangers and Cardiff man and the club, the manager said: “As far as I know, no. My stance has been very clear. I tell all the players exactly where they are at.

“I have seen the comments and we will be dealing with them internally.

“What I will say is that I am only a custodian here. There is no one party, no one person bigger than Bolton Wanderers Football Club. And every decision I make is, I believe, in the best interest of Bolton Wanderers. That is as much as I have to say on it.”

Wanderers take on Portsmouth in the Papa Johns Trophy on Tuesday night with no new injury problems to worry about.

Dapo Afolayan is available, with his three-game suspension in the league not applicable to the cup competition, but Dan Nlundulu, whose loan move from Southampton is expected to be confirmed today, will not be able to feature until the weekend.

“Dapo is eligible and we’ll see with what happens with the squad,” Evatt added. “Everyone is in a really good place.

“We are happy with our performance levels. As I said on Saturday we are process-driven, so if we continue to play well then I honestly think we’ll start to take our chances better than we did against Plymouth.”

Evatt played at Wembley on a couple of occasions for Blackpool and Chesterfield and would love the opportunity to manage at the national stadium too.

“Any chance you have to play at Wembley you just have to take with both hands and it is a great day out for the fans as well,” he said.

“My 11-year-old son was watching the 2010 play-off final on Sky Sports that I was involved in the other day and I could see how excited he was to see his dad play at Wembley, so for him to see his dad manage there would make me immensely proud.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum