Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumours At Work

+3
bwfc71
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rumours At Work Empty Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 11:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a rumour going round at work that Simon* has been arrested for dogging inside Hyde cemetary. No one has actually asked him to his face, and no one knows where the rumour came from, but it's been going on for a few weeks now and people talk of nothing else but dogging in Hyde.

Simon has clearly caught wind of the rumours and has, this morning, handed in his notice saying he can't take the whispers any longer. I can see a Court case further down the line if he wasn't caught dogging.

Anyway, has anyone ever spread a false rumour about you (or a true one!) or have you spread one about someone else?

(* = name changed to protect the innocent/guilty)

2Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 12:10

I used to work at a meat packing depot and my boss was a right tosser. One day I saw him in town coming out of Miss Selfridge all alone. The following day I told everyone I'd seen him try on a dress in Miss Selfridge, he quit a week later. Get in!

3Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 12:23

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I always feel bad about this one. About 10 years ago I worked for a restaurant, and for no other reason than pure boredom I told a couple of colleagues I'd seen Raymond (one of the waiters) arm in arm with another man the previous weekend. This kind of snowballed to the point where the whole company knew (there were 6 restaurants in the group) and he was effectively labelled 'gay' by everyone.

His life became pretty awful...I was too chicken to admit I'd made it up, luckily no one seemed to remember it was me that started the rumour.

If I could go back I would change this part of my life! I hope Raymond is ok.

4Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 12:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:I used to work at a meat packing depot and my boss was a right tosser. One day he saw me in town coming out of Miss Selfridge all alone. The following day he told everyone he'd seen me try on a dress in Miss Selfridge, I quit a week later. I ended up in my mothers/sisters bed, and not for the first time, to get over the disappointment!

So that is why you are unemployed and constantly of a "Bolton" forum!!!!

5Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 13:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the subject of dogging. A few years ago Salford Police responded to complaints about dogging activity in a local park in Salford. They ended up mounting an operation and detained a number of doggers under the public order act. They also named and shamed the offenders in the local Salford rag.

The local club I used to drink in had a barman called Alf. He was a mild mannered gent who wouldn't say boo to a goose. A few days after the sting a taxi driver who frequented the club and lived in Eccles came in with a copy of the newspaper.

We were gobsmacked when we saw Alf's name.

6Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

what utter nonsense.

and no is the answer to the question.

7Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rumours at work are nonsense?

8Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, but the one you posted is.

9Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hyde Cemetery does seem an odd choice of venue for this type of anti-social behaviour. You wouldn't even find Harold Shipman dead in there.

10Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No, but the one you posted is.

I'm sick of you acting like "the big man" as though you know everything that goes on in the world.

Not everyone lives in your dull world.

11Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha.

Nat in your business you've "sacked" people for wanking off in the toilets, "sacked" people for shagging in the toilets, now you've got someone who has been dogging, i seem to remember dogging coming up before, a dogging ring of some sort.

Even if i did live in a dull world, I've not yet found it necessary to create fantasies to escape it. I'll stick to TV shows.

12Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 14:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha.

Nat in your business you've "sacked" people for wanking off in the toilets, "sacked" people for shagging in the toilets, now you've got someone who has been dogging, i seem to remember dogging coming up before, a dogging ring of some sort.

Even if i did live in a dull world, I've not yet found it necessary to create fantasies to escape it. I'll stick to TV shows.

I can't believe you've accused Whittam International plc of condoning a dogging ring. That's legal action talk is that.

13Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 15:54

i've heard allsorts of rumour at work, most of it harmless. one rumour was that i was having it off with my boss, but it was bollocks and everyone knew it.

14Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 16:25

Someone where I work just loves to spread any gossip, often find myself making stuff up and tell him to see how long it takes to get back to me. It's like a massive game of chinese whispers.

15Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 19:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Someone has been spreading rumour's that i deliberately engineered a fatal road collision at shap in cumbria on the A6, i find that very funny.

16Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Tue Nov 06 2012, 23:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AD, I heard a rumour that you may have been in La Place Du Martinet in France on or about the 5th September 2012.

17Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Wed Nov 07 2012, 04:05

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:AD, I heard a rumour that you may have been in La Place Du Martinet in France on or about the 5th September 2012.
some serious stuff gone down there RT.

18Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Wed Nov 07 2012, 06:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Indeed. I still can't make my mind up if the choice of weapon was a red herring.

19Rumours At Work Empty Re: Rumours At Work Wed Nov 07 2012, 08:05

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i've heard allsorts of rumour at work, most of it harmless. one rumour was that i was having it off with my boss, but it was bollocks and everyone knew it.

Because you were doing the bosses wife?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum