Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Holden pinpoints key moment in defeat against Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Holden pinpoints key moment in defeat against Wanderers 16401221

Charlton boss Dean Holden felt his side’s 2-1 defeat against Wanderers at the Valley was “a game of fine margins”.

Aaron Morley put the Whites in front with a stunning free kick but the visitors hit back through Albie Morgan early in the second half.

Dion Charles scored the winner in the 68th minute after Kyle Dempsey had pounced on a defensive error by Ryan Inniss.

Holden admits his side were second-best during the opening 45 minutes but was pleased with their response after the break.

He says Jesurun Rak-Sakyi’s chance at 1-1 was a key point in the game and felt things could have gone differently had it gone in.

Holden told Sky Sports: “I think it is a game of fine margins. I think first half, Bolton were the better team. I don’t think there was a lot in the game but Bolton had the bigger chances.

“From the first whistle of the second half, we have come out and scored a brilliant goal. We have been the better team for 25 minutes up until their second goal.

“We’ve had the big chance with Jes Rak-Sakyi, he just pulls it past the post. They go up and score, so they are the fine margins.

"I think if Jes scores that, who knows? There is lots of good in our performance today but again there are things we need to keep working on.”

He added: “Bolton, they have been together for a couple of years now and you can see that is a team, the way they manage the game and the way that they play.

“We are four weeks into the job and I think it is probably a reflection of where we are and where we have been this season.”

The result sees Wanderers keep the pressure on the sides above them as the League One promotion race hots up.

Meanwhile, Charlton were unable to make it four successive league wins as they aim to bounce back from a difficult start to the campaign.

When asked about his half-time team talk, Holden said: “We needed to play on the front foot more.

“I think we gave Bolton too much respect and to score so early in the second half, it was such a good goal by Albie.

“We stepped on the gas then, that was important. We had them where we wanted them and (the Rak-Sakyi chance) is a really big moment in the game.

“We didn’t take it. We have to swallow our medicine and move forward.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum