Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers Review

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton Wanderers Review  Empty Bolton Wanderers Review Sat 4 Feb - 21:39

GlosGroundhop

David Ngog
David Ngog

We travelled to Bolton Wanderers for their game against Cheltenham Town. The review of the matchday experience is available to read below https://gloucestergroundho.wixsite.com/gloucester-groundhop/post/university-of-bolton-stadium-bolton-wanderers

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

GlosGroundhop wrote:We travelled to Bolton Wanderers for their game against Cheltenham Town. The review of the matchday experience is available to read below https://gloucestergroundho.wixsite.com/gloucester-groundhop/post/university-of-bolton-stadium-bolton-wanderers

Thanks for your post, GGH and welcome to Nuts.  

Thankfully, Nuts isn't run by parochial pea-brains, unlike some other footie forums we needn't mention.

it might just help to explain a few things:

The Middlebrook is a retail park not an industrial estate and the club doesn't get any money from it.

The ground is actually called the University of Bolton Stadium at the moment. The sooner that changes the better.

BWFC won the FA Cup for the first time in 1923 and the for the third time in 1929.

BWFC is not living within its means. Its living within the means of a group of individuals who have still not finished paying for what they bought in 2019 and who have been funding the purchase and the losses by drip-feeding cash at varying intervals.

The losses are a lot less than many other clubs, even at League 1 level, but its only sustainable so long as they are willing to keep putting their money in.

You may know of another club in Glos that, for years, has been sustained with the money of folk who hadn't a clue where their money was actually going. 'Bills to mills' my a*se!

3Bolton Wanderers Review  Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Review Sun 5 Feb - 10:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

GlosGroundhop wrote:We travelled to Bolton Wanderers for their game against Cheltenham Town. The review of the matchday experience is available to read below https://gloucestergroundho.wixsite.com/gloucester-groundhop/post/university-of-bolton-stadium-bolton-wanderers

Good review mate, thank you for sharing it with us.

There's one or two factual errors but you've clearly put a great deal of time and effort into your article and these don't distract from the main purpose of your blog being your personal experience of a match day with Bolton Wanderers at our stadium.

I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your day (if not the result) and I look forward to reading your next review when you play us.

Up the Robins!

4Bolton Wanderers Review  Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers Review Sun 5 Feb - 14:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Good review mate, thank you for sharing it with us.

There's one or two factual errors but you've clearly put a great deal of time and effort into your article and these don't distract from the main purpose of your blog being your personal experience of a match day with Bolton Wanderers at our stadium.

I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your day (if not the result) and I look forward to reading your next review when you play us.

Up the Robins!
That’s fair enough, Sluffy. 

I see he’s updated his report now removing some of the mistakes.

Still no room though for Frank Worthington, Youri Djorkaeff or our most expensive striker ever at the time and mastermind of the Sports Shield Consortium, Doctor Deeeeeeean  Hoooooooldswooooorth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum