Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MK Dons boss Mark Jackson on Wanderers' exciting style of play

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MK Dons boss Mark Jackson on Wanderers' exciting style of play 16452275

MK Dons boss Mark Jackson says his side need to be at their best against Wanderers – but reckons they can cause a few problems.

Former Leeds coach Jackson took charge at Stadium MK back in December following Liam Manning’s departure.

The Dons currently sit 20th in the League One table – one point above the relegation zone – and enter the game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Oxford.

Jackson knows it won’t be easy against the Whites but wants his side to have freedom and be “forward thinking” at the University of Bolton Stadium.

“We know they're a good, strong team, with a good win at the weekend,” he told the club’s website. “They play a certain style of football which is exciting to see, and we'll be ready for that challenge.

“They score goals, they're powerful and play on the front foot. We'll have to be on our game to deal with that. But I feel we have elements to cause them problems too.

“I spoke about the discipline we needed when we played Bristol Rovers a couple of weeks ago, and I think we'll need that against Bolton in moments.

“But I want the players to have freedom to show what we can do. I want us to be progressive and forward thinking. We've got the capabilities and firepower to cause them problems as well.

“We'll be looking at how we can exploit things, what we have to be mindful of but not dwelling on the past too much.”

Jackson’s side have won their last two away matches in the league, overcoming Forest Green and Bristol Rovers on the road.

Wanderers ran out 2-0 winners when the sides met at Stadium MK back in September, with Dion Charles and Gethin Jones both getting on the scoresheet that day.

The points were shared when the sides last met at the University of Bolton Stadium following a thrilling 3-3 draw. Alex Baptiste scored a dramatic late equaliser, with Josh Sheehan and Amadou Bakayoko also on target for the Whites.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum