Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adeboyejo says fans can play big part in Bolton's play-off run-in

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adeboyejo says fans can play big part in Bolton's play-off run-in 16693306

Victor Adeboyejo believes Wanderers’ fans can play a big part in helping their team reach the play-offs in League One.

Shrewsbury Town visit the University of Bolton Stadium tomorrow for the first of three consecutive home games which will surely decide whether Ian Evatt’s side can retain their top-six spot, and extend their season.

Bolton could not perhaps have picked a more physical run of opponents than Burton – who held them one piece at the Pirelli Stadium in midweek – Steve Cotterill’s Shrews, Accrington Stanley and Fleetwood Town. And with a squad shorn of several injured players, those who have stayed fit know full well what type of test is to come.

Adeboyejo is confident, however, that the fanbase which has turned up in impressive numbers throughout the season can be an inspirational factor over the next week.

“We have to roll our sleeves up now, 100 per cent,” he told The Bolton News. “But we do have a 12th man and that’s the fans. The atmosphere they can create is amazing and if we can get that over the next few games, hopefully it can help us push up and get into the play-offs.”

Though Bolton have leaned heavily on the goals of Dion Charles this season, particularly with Jon Dadi Bodvarsson unavailable through injury, Abeboyejo and fellow January recruit Dan Nlundulu have shown glimmers of promise in their last few appearances that bode well for the run-in.

A goal against his former club on Tuesday night topped off a hard-working shift for the 25-year-old, who now has 15 for the season, collectively. He is happy, however, to swap any personal glory for points as the season draws to an exciting conclusion.

“I think my best performance is a winning performance because that is all that matters to me,” he said.

“Personally, getting my body in there and fighting for the team, that is what I want to do. If that is what needs to be done to win games, I’ll do it, and if goals come as well then great.

“Three points is what we all need right now, and it is what we are trying to get.”

Having been an automatic starter at Burton in the first half of the season, Adeboyejo has had to adjust to being part of an attack which also includes Charles, Nlundulu, Shola Shoretire, Cameron Jerome and Elias Kachunga in the last few months.

The affable striker has certainly enjoyed his early days with the Whites – indeed a warm smile is rarely far from his face, on or off the pitch. But Adeboyejo is deadly serious about his aspirations and returning to the Championship, where he previously plied his trade with Barnsley.

“We are pushing for a common goal, which is to be promoted, and I feel like any player would want to be in that situation,” he said.

“As such as being the main man and focal point is nice, you want to achieve, score goals to push the team in the right direction, so as much as I’d love to be the main man at Bolton I also want to be part of a promotion, part of a team that is succeeding. If I can get that done, I can show I can be that player.”

Scoring goals will certainly help – and while there was a whiff of luck about the way Aaron Morley’s low shot found him in the penalty box at Burton, he was more than happy to accept the gift.

“There was no fortune – I flicked it on purpose,” he smiled. “Hey, if you get yourself in the right position, nine times out of 10 you will get a chance to score. You need a bit of luck as well but with the quality we have in the team, I know I will get chances if I put myself into the right areas.

“I’m happy to be here at Bolton and that we’re up the right end of the table. Hopefully over the next few games we can keep that up and then see what the play-offs bring.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fans can play a big part? Stick me up front then, I'll show the goal-shy players how it's done.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum