Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We're giving up on it!' - Frustrated Evatt won't take referee row any further

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We're giving up on it!' - Frustrated Evatt won't take referee row any further 16719087

Wanderers have decided against taking their complaint about Tuesday night’s referee James Linington any further.

Ian Evatt had been unhappy with the Isle of Wight based official and his communication during the 1-0 defeat to Accrington Stanley, branding him “arrogant” after declining to explain the lack of added time at the end of both halves.

Linington has been a Football League referee since 2008 and has largely been active in the Championship this season.

Asked on Thursday if he had taken the matter to referee’s body the PGMOL, Evatt told The Bolton News: “We haven’t bothered because we’ll probably get the same answers we always get,” he said. “I just don’t think there is any ownership from officials or the governing bodies. We’re at the stage now where we are giving up on it.”

The Bolton boss remains disappointed with the lack of progress being made by officials and the game’s rule-makers on ‘timewasting’ – even though he understood Accrington’s reasons for slowing down the game.

Evatt feels it is the responsibility of the referee to keep the game moving at a reasonable pace, or to add on the requisite time at the end, something he felt did not happen on Tuesday night.

“I’d really like someone to explain to me why there was only two minutes at half time and four minutes after the game on Tuesday night. I’d like to know the thinking behind that but they wouldn’t answer our questions,” he explained.

READ MORE: Why George Johnston is confident for the play-offs.

“All we got was: ‘Oh, did you think you were going to score?’ And probably not is the answer because I don’t think we would have scored if we were still playing now.

“I think what is at stake here for both clubs we want a level of consistency across the board and I don’t think we are getting that at all.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For once I agree with Evans, referees continually let team get away with shithousing - there should have been 15 minutes added on against Accrington.

I thought after the World Cup things might change, but it still seems League 1 refs can't count past 4 or 5 on a good day.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum