Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Barnsley

+8
terenceanne
karlypants
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Norpig
Hip Priest
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue May 09 2023, 15:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's going on Saturday? It's been a while since we were involved in a play-off game and the nerves are jangling already.

Going to be a tough game but Barnsley seem to have gone off the boil lately so hopefully we can win by a couple of goals and give us a great chance of getting to Wembley again.

My team for the game would be

Trafford

Toal Rico Johnston  

Bradley  Sheehan Morley R Williams

Dempsey

Dion Kachunga

2Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue May 09 2023, 16:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going, I'm even sitting in a new stand to get away from the girl who takes her socks off at half time.

I suspect it will be tight, I fancy a 1-0 victory.

I'd probably play Thomason over Sheehan and I'd play anyone other than Kachunga up top.

3Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue May 09 2023, 18:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have gone, but I’ll be in Amsterdam so I’ll have to stream it from there. Hopefully I can get an away ticket, but I have little hope…

4Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue May 09 2023, 18:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Who's going on Saturday? It's been a while since we were involved in a play-off game and the nerves are jangling already.

Going to be a tough game but Barnsley seem to have gone off the boil lately so hopefully we can win by a couple of goals and give us a great chance of getting to Wembley again.

My team for the game would be

Trafford

Toal Rico Johnston  

Bradley  Sheehan Morley R Williams

Dempsey

Dion Kachunga

I'd pick the same team.

Kachunga hat-trick in a 5-1 victory.

Easy-peasy.

5Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue May 09 2023, 18:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kachunga: 4% conversion rate.

Worst in the entire football league of any striker starting 10 games or more.

But yeah, let's keep picking him.

6Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed May 10 2023, 07:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trouble is Nat we have no one better at the moment. Jerome and Big Vic are not great are they? Nlundulu may be an option but Kachunga has played well recently.

7Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed May 10 2023, 12:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't get me wrong, they're all terrible and that includes Charles who has been pants since Wembley.

I'd get rid of them all over the Summer if I could.

After Charles, Bod is the highest scoring striker (5) and he's been injured since 1983. Afolayan (4) is the next highest and he doesn't even play for us!

Adeboyejo has 3, N'Lundulu & Shoretire just the one and Kachunga just the one from a lot more matches.

What a choice!

Evans should consider picking himself, he couldn't do any worse.

8Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed May 10 2023, 21:59

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Don't get me wrong, they're all terrible and that includes Charles who has been pants since Wembley.

I'd get rid of them all over the Summer if I could.

After Charles, Bod is the highest scoring striker (5) and he's been injured since 1983. Afolayan (4) is the next highest and he doesn't even play for us!

Adeboyejo has 3, N'Lundulu & Shoretire just the one and Kachunga just the one from a lot more matches.

What a choice!

Evans should consider picking himself, he couldn't do any worse.
Makes you wonder how we ever made the play offs and won the Pizza cup smashing the champions in the final? 🥴

9Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed May 10 2023, 22:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Makes you wonder how we ever made the play offs and won the Pizza cup smashing the champions in the final? 🥴

I agree. I think that's down to a good defence more than anything.

Imagine where we could have finished if we had another striker who had scored 12-15 goals.

10Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Thu May 11 2023, 08:38

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree on that Nat, if we’d potted half the chances we’ve missed we’d have definitely been pushing for the automatics. Hopefully with a good pre season behind them they will deliver more next season whichever league we’re in but I expect there to be changes over the summer anyway and a different strike force to the one we have now.

11Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Fri May 12 2023, 08:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bought a ticket for tomorrow then just realised there is a train strike  Mad

Anyone in need of 1 ticket let me know.

12Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Fri May 12 2023, 18:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to his Instagram page Bodvarsson is fit and available for tomorrow.

Fook this "not match fit" nonsense, get him in from the start. A half fit Bodvarsson is still better than Nlundulu, Kachunga, Jerome and Adebeyejo.

Be brave Evans.

13Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Fri May 12 2023, 21:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Fri May 12 2023, 22:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peterborough stuffed Wednesday tonight. Didn't expect that, but if it comes to it, I'll take Posh in the final all day long.

15Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat May 13 2023, 01:12

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'll be chuffed if we can get to Wembley again Bonce but I watched the match tonight and it was no fluke. Wednesday were lucky to get away with 4-0. Posh were brilliant and are on a roll after tonight and their win at Barnsley that got them into the play offs. After watching that demolition tonight I think I'd have preferred to play Sheff Wed if we get past Barnsley.

16Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat May 13 2023, 09:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've decided i'm going to the game now so it's 3 buses there and 3 back. It better be worth it!

17Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat May 13 2023, 10:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Put this thing to bed today with a 4-0 result - get on the attack for 90 minutes and not worry about the second leg. Sounds like a plan Smile

18Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat May 13 2023, 10:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:I'll be chuffed if we can get to Wembley again Bonce but I watched the match tonight and it was no fluke. Wednesday were lucky to get away with 4-0. Posh were brilliant and are on a roll after tonight and their win at Barnsley that got them into the play offs. After watching that demolition tonight I think I'd have preferred to play Sheff Wed if we get past Barnsley.
You must have seen it differently to me HP, I thought Posh had all the luck and Wednesday missed a couple chances which would have changed everything. The Owls also gave Posh far too much room which they’d never get against us. You could likely see the Owls players heads going down which I think made Posh appear much better than they are. I suppose you can’t blame the players who have to be gutted at missing out on the automatics but if I were Posh I wouldn’t take things too much for granted because however unlikely, a couple of early goals at Hillsborough could change everything. 🤔

19Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat May 13 2023, 14:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

20Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat May 13 2023, 14:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]