Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Philip Schofield - is all this real?

+2
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Philip Schofield - is all this real? Empty Philip Schofield - is all this real? Sat May 27 2023, 16:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't bother much with daytime telly and all the social, community, pointless, time filling trash that seem to zombify those who do watch it, so Mr Philip Schofield has never really figured prominently on my horizon.

I am of a generation before he first appeared on TV so always thought of him as one of the annoyingly zany children's presenters.

I was amazed to find out some years later that he had turned into some major power behind the TV scenes but thought nothing of it.

Recently though he came out as gay (did his wife really not suspect he was?) his brother was locked away for being a paedo, he had some sort of major domestic with his TV co-presenter, he quit his morning show in a great big huff because of it and now it comes out that he's been 'grooming' (possibly not the right word but what is when you are talking about a teenager 40 years younger than you?) a boy, who he had sex with, whilst he was still married to his (presumably) completely unsuspecting and dearly loved wife.

And if that isn't enough he's confessed to telling lies to absolutely everyone and has since been dropped by his agent and probably ITV as well.

Now I live a quiet and dull life, I like it that way, so to my mind just one of those things happening to someone I knew would be sensational news, so I simply can't comprehend how Schofield crammed so much lies, deceit, adultery, coming out as gay, chasing teenage boys and whatever else he's been up to whilst all the time being so high profile in the public eye.

You aren't telling me that no one knew that he was up to such things and it would surprise me in the least if his world came crashing down because he was being blackmailed in some way shape or form.

Is this how the real world is today, or is it some sort of a soap opera that thankfully I've been totally unaware of?

Who actually gives a fuck about Schofield his wife or poor Holly - and if so why - are they important in some people life perhaps.

They certainly aren't in mine.

God help you if you do follow such stuff is all I can say - you need to get out much more for those of you that do.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still don't know what is going on despite seeing all the headlines. 

He had an affair. Big woop. 

I don't do Facebook or Twitter anymore. I can tell you my mental health is 10x better than it was when I did. 

These social networks are where the absolute worst aspects of society are laid bare every second of every day. 

It doesn't matter what is tweeted or said you can bet the first reply will be something abusive or negative.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil and holly must be trying to make their sad and boring lives exciting.

About time itv cancelled the shit day time tv show along with the loose women and Lorraine shit.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Schofield always seemed to me to be smothered in smarmite. Did anyone else notice that he uses the same law firm that Dr Holdsworth was advised by when he was (allegedly) claiming to be wrongfully dismissed by BWFC?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So it seems that the boy he had an affair with was only 15 when they met. Since Schofield took him under his wing and within a year or two found him a permanent role at ITV and not only that but access to several key ITV programmes not just This morning, including regular travel with Schofield staying in the same hotels yet nobody higher up knew about it? Surely someone would have enquired who he was, where he came from and why he was getting all this preferential treatment? To say nobody know about this, including Saint Holly is just ridiculous and if it’s true it says much about ITV management so surely questions need to be asked there as well and heads roll? I don’t watch daytime TV either but can’t stand either sickly Schofield or Willerby but surely there must also now be question marks about her position within ITV? It seems that Schofield’s brother isn’t the only one interested in young boys so it will be interesting to see what else comes out over the next few weeks as it’s sure to do. Even if he hasn’t actually broken any laws it’s still not a good look is it? I’m glad I’m not invested in ITV shares anyway because they’re likely to tank big time at the open tomorrow!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As if the bloody government haven’t got more pressing issues they do this…

ITV bosses face grilling by MPs over handling of Schofield's affair

https://mol.im/a/12140825

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:As if the bloody government haven’t got more pressing issues they do this…

Just a small point but are you suggesting that the Culture, Media and Sport Committee is the 'bloody government'?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:As if the bloody government haven’t got more pressing issues they do this…

I think they are concerned they've got ITV's equivalent to Jimmy Saville.

If you think about it Schofield 'groomed' him, I think that is a fair description (a 15 year old boy - Schofield being nearly FORTY YEARS OLDER THAN HIM), got him a job at ITV, got him working on his show, then when questions started to be asked got him a job elsewhere at ITV and waited until the boy turned 18 (if you believe that - I don't) then had sex with him!!!

Schofield hid all this from his bosses - but clearly the likes of Holmes and Wooton, had more than a suspicion of what he was really up to.

If Schofield is kiddy fiddling - and the ITV bosses knew (unofficially) what was going on (but couldn't prove it) - then what other stuff are they hiding about Schofield and God knows how many others of their stars also up to to no good?

By having a public inquiry it puts the spotlight firmly on to the ITV bosses to get their house in order, if it isn't already.

This from Holmes for instance...

Holmes, a former This Morning presenter, accused ITV of a 'total cover up' over the affair, claiming that 'those in authority had to know' about the affair because the man would be ferried between Phil's flat and studios in taxis 'paid for by ITV'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12139171/Fragile-boy-centre-Morning-scandal-Phillip-Schofields-lover-went-ground.html

I see even King Charles is distancing himself from him now!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Apparently this is Schofield's toy boy...

Philip Schofield - is all this real? 71542795-12139171-As_Holly_Willoughby_42_held_the_trophy_and_made_her_speech_Phill-a-5_1685456114424
As Holly Willoughby, 42, held the trophy and made her speech, Phillip, 61, can be seen looking back at his lover at the NTA 2018

Philip Schofield - is all this real? Holly-Willoughby-and-Phillip-Schofield-1206322

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Just a small point but are you suggesting that the Culture, Media and Sport Committee is the 'bloody government'?

I was half asleep last night in bed! Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I think they are concerned they've got ITV's equivalent to Jimmy Saville.

If you think about it Schofield 'groomed' him, I think that is a fair description (a 15 year old boy - Schofield being nearly FORTY YEARS OLDER THAN HIM), got him a job at ITV, got him working on his show, then when questions started to be asked got him a job elsewhere at ITV and waited until the boy turned 18 (if you believe that - I don't) then had sex with him!!!

Schofield hid all this from his bosses - but clearly the likes of Holmes and Wooton, had more than a suspicion of what he was really up to.

If Schofield is kiddy fiddling - and the ITV bosses knew (unofficially) what was going on (but couldn't prove it) - then what other stuff are they hiding about Schofield and God knows how many others of their stars also up to to no good?

By having a public inquiry it puts the spotlight firmly on to the ITV bosses to get their house in order, if it isn't already.

This from Holmes for instance...

Holmes, a former This Morning presenter, accused ITV of a 'total cover up' over the affair, claiming that 'those in authority had to know' about the affair because the man would be ferried between Phil's flat and studios in taxis 'paid for by ITV'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12139171/Fragile-boy-centre-Morning-scandal-Phillip-Schofields-lover-went-ground.html

I see even King Charles is distancing himself from him now!

Right, now I get why all this scandal is in the papers now.

I also didn't notice 63's post stating he was 15 years old at the time too.

I really hope it isn't true! Shocked

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

See what an instant result has brought by Parliament saying they are going to have an inquiry into this - just one day later...

Phillip Schofield: ITV announces external review of how it handled affair

ITV has launched an externally led review to "establish the facts" about its handling of a relationship between Phillip Schofield and his colleague.

The review was confirmed by chief executive Dame Carolyn McCall in a letter seen by the PA news agency.

The network has now instructed a barrister to carry out an external review to "establish the facts".

Jane Mulcahy KC "will review our records and talk to people involved," Dame Carolyn said in the letter.

"This work will also consider our relevant processes and policies and whether we need to change or strengthen any.

"Given Phillip's admission of the extent of his deception the work will extend to cover any related issues that may emerge. This work will be carried out as quickly as possible and we will be happy to share the outcome."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65769939

I wonder why they didn't do this immediately Schofield admitted to lying and having sex with someone he had been grooming since the boy was just 15 years old...?

Shades of a Jimmy Saville attempted cover up perhaps?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's anything like Westminster it'll report back in 2067.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It seems that it won’t actually be the senior management who will attend the MPs committee but a gofer so what’s the point of that? Surely McCall should be the one attending not passing the buck to someone who can’t answer the questions properly? Just another example of what a coward she is since she can’t even have the decency to come out and make a proper statement about the situation. Why on earth she was ever appointed head of ITV I don’t know since she’s ruined every other business she’s worked for and looks like now doing it to ITV as well? I can’t believe there isn’t a lot more in this to come out yet and I just hope it leads to bigger heads to roll than Pygmy Schofields?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Philip Schofield - is all this real? 348820423_207517662162367_2617722815047561310_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Cprdl5g3nYYAX9HBqjS&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum