Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers matchday ticket price rises are 'fair' says Neil Hart

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers matchday ticket price rises are 'fair' says Neil Hart 17021327

Wanderers have defended their decision to increase matchday ticket prices by up to 20 per cent in some areas of the stadium.

The club announced last week that the cost of an individual adult ticket would increase by £5 for the 2023/24 season, and that a family ticket for four at an “A Grade” game would now cost £84.

Season ticket sales have reached record levels this summer, with numbers now at their highest since the Premier League days more than a decade ago.

Club chief executive Neil Hart says the price rise was conducted after a consultation with the BWFC Supporters’ Trust, and was the first time that extra costs had been applied across the board since he arrived in the role.

“Season tickets are the best value, and if you want to come and watch Bolton Wanderers regularly then that is definitely the most cost-effective way of doing it,” he told The Bolton News.

“We have not put anything north since I have been in charge, I’m not sure any prices have gone up, I’ve been reducing them.

“We felt that the season tickets have gone so well, 15,300 of them sold so far, that we could nudge matchday prices a few quid to put them in line with the top four or five clubs in the division. I think that is fair.

“We felt it was the right thing to do. We will still do the community days, the £10 and £5 tickets. There will be three of those this season and we will announce them in due course.

“I get what is going on in the world, the cost of living crisis, but fans have got to remember we are trying to run a business here and create a strong Bolton Wanderers and the fans are critical to that. We felt by putting the prices north a few quid it would be fair and appropriate.”

Games are graded from A to C with adult individual ticket prices now ranging between £26 and £34, Over-65s/Under-21s from £21 to £29, Under-18s from £14 to £19 and Under-12s still £12 in all areas of the ground.

Family tickets in the North Stand Upper range from £38 to £42 for one adult and one Under-18, and £76 to £84 for two adults and two Under-18s.

Wanderers feel they offer plenty of value for money on their season ticket and engaged with the BWFC Supporters Trust in a lengthy consultation over game-by-game pricing for the upcoming campaign.

Hart said the Trust was “fully supportive” of their decision and thanked them for their assistance in his time at Bolton.

“I couldn’t have done the job over the last two years without their input. They are invaluable, good people, and I’d encourage fans to join the Trust,” he said.

“I rang them Tuesday morning to say I needed to speak to them, consult them on a few things, and within an hour they were there to meet me in the hotel.

“We talk regularly, weekly, and I’d really encourage supporters to join the Trust because you can really elevate your voice there, they have an audience with the board and with me.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum