Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt recalls almost signing Manchester United wonderkid on loan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt recalls almost signing Manchester United wonderkid on loan 17060911

Ian Evatt has revealed Wanderers were close to signing Anthony Elanga on loan from Manchester United at one stage.

The 21-year-old has completed a move to Nottingham Forest for a reported £15million fee this summer.

Elanga has made more than 50 first-team appearances for United since making his debut in May 2021.

“Anthony Elanga was someone we thought was very close to joining us on loan a couple of years ago,” Evatt told BBC Radio Manchester.

“Then he played for Manchester United against Wolves, scored and the rest was history. He was one I can name who wasn’t too far away, but obviously we fell on the wrong side of that.”

Evatt’s side are gearing up for the new League One season, which kicks off on Saturday afternoon against Lincoln City.

When asked if there would be a job that could tempt him away from the club, the Bolton boss added: “There isn’t a job that would tempt me away. I am extremely loyal.

“This football club has given me a wonderful opportunity and I couldn’t work for anyone better than Sharon Brittan and this ownership group.

“The fans have been absolutely amazing for me. These can be just words, but hopefully I will go a long way to proving that what I am saying is correct.

“Obviously, I want to be a Premier League manager and I want to do that with Bolton Wanderers. That is the aim, that is the ambition.

“But how are we going to put the steps in place to achieve that goal? It is okay having these huge aims but what is the process to get us there? What are the things we can do today, tomorrow, next week, this year to help us improve and achieve those goals?

“It is those discussions that are taking place all the time to help us realise our dream, which is of course getting back to the Premier League.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum