Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Women's World Cup

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Women's World Cup Empty Women's World Cup Sun Aug 20 2023, 20:52

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't say I'm disappointed the Lionesses got beaten. Women covered in tattoos is even more gross than blokes covered in them in my book but the final was quite interesting. 

Admittedly the Spaniards seemed well versed in the dark arts but they also looked much fitter and considerably better organised than England. The margin of only one goal flattered the Lionesses.

2Women's World Cup Empty Re: Women's World Cup Sun Aug 20 2023, 20:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I can't say I'm disappointed the Lionesses got beaten. Women covered in tattoos is even more gross than blokes covered in them in my book but the final was quite interesting. 

Admittedly the Spaniards seemed well versed in the dark arts but they also looked much fitter and considerably better organised than England. The margin of only one goal flattered the Lionesses.
Are you a foreigner, Bob?  Women's World Cup 540293217

3Women's World Cup Empty Re: Women's World Cup Sun Aug 20 2023, 21:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hadn’t watched any games, but thought I’d tune in for the final.
The better team won.
We weren’t creative enough, we weren’t positive enough…

4Women's World Cup Empty Re: Women's World Cup Sun Aug 20 2023, 21:41

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Hadn’t watched any games, but thought I’d tune in for the final.  
The better team won.
We weren’t creative enough, we weren’t positive enough…
Not creative enough, not positive enough? I’m not sure about that. They just weren’t allowed the time or space by an extremely well drilled Spanish team. Spain’s only goal actually came from Lucy Bronze being unrealistically positive and running into trouble rather than releasing the ball to a colleague in space.
The Spaniards were excellent at finding space and releasing the ball at the right time. Their main failing was poor finishing otherwise they would have been out of sight.

5Women's World Cup Empty Re: Women's World Cup Sun Aug 20 2023, 21:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob, any thoughts on BWFC's hammering or are you only interested in spreadsheets and tattoos?

6Women's World Cup Empty Re: Women's World Cup Sun Aug 20 2023, 21:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bob, any thoughts on BWFC's hammering or are you only interested in spreadsheets and tattoos?
He'll never get a date with Olive Oyl with a no tattoo policy.

7Women's World Cup Empty Re: Women's World Cup Sun Aug 20 2023, 22:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bob, any thoughts on BWFC's hammering or are you only interested in spreadsheets and tattoos?
I agree with you. We were poor and completely outplayed. I wasn’t surprised though. I thought our results prior to yesterday had flattered us quite a bit.
And I simply have yet to see anything in Nlundulu that would have caused me to give him a contract let alone pay money for him.
I was very impressed with the way the manager of the Spanish side had organised his team to play. Ian Evatt could learn a lot from watching that imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum