Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle on TV tonight!

+6
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:26

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Owen Coyle will be appearing on The Footballers' Football Show tonight at 10pm on Sky Sports 2 to talk about the state of Scottish Football and his time at Bolton Wanderers.

Could be interesting....

2Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:Owen Coyle will be appearing on The Footballers' Football Show tonight at 10pm on Sky Sports 2 to talk about the state of Scottish Football and his time at Bolton Wanderers.

Could be interesting....

How could it be interesting, it'll be more Coyle bollocks about what a good job he did.

3Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:31

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's interesting to Owen!

I'll give it a watch, see what he has to say for himself. No doubt he will come up with a foolproof plan to resurrect Scottish footy.

4Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:It's interesting to Owen!

I'll give it a watch, see what he has to say for himself. No doubt he will come up with a foolproof plan to resurrect Scottish footy.

I seriously hope I never see him again. Sick of people saying what a nice guy he was. He was a twat of the highest order.

5Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:35

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I seriously hope I never see him again. Sick of people saying what a nice guy he was. He was a twat of the highest order.

He was stubborn, yes. I wouldn't go as far as to brand him a twat.

Now Gary Megson, he was a twat.

6Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how to resurrect scottish football.

easy... merge it with the english leagues.

7Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:37

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:how to resurrect scottish football.

Bollocks to that, we don't want them! Let them merge with the Welsh & Northern Irish leagues instead.

8Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the question was how to resurrect it not how to make it even shitter than it already is.

9Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I seriously hope I never see him again. Sick of people saying what a nice guy he was. He was a twat of the highest order.

He was stubborn, yes. I wouldn't go as far as to brand him a twat.

Now Gary Megson, he was a twat.

Gary Megson was a twat, but he was an honest type of twat. Coyle acted as though we were just a game away from being Barcelona, that sort of attitude is much more twatish.

10Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But then the English leagues would be diluted with a load of shitty Scots players.

11Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we were in the Scottish Premier i reckon we'd just about make the mid season cut.

12Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If we were in the Scottish Premier i reckon we'd just about make the mid season cut.

Don't be silly, we'd have the league won by February.

13Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:46

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If we were in the Scottish Premier i reckon we'd just about make the mid season cut.

That mid season cut thing is probably one of the stupidest things in modern Football. FIFA/UEFA should ban it.

14Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Fri Nov 16 2012, 00:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:It's interesting to Owen!

I seriously hope I never see him again. Sick of people saying what a nice guy he was. He was a twat of the highest order.
I'ii go with that.

15Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Fri Nov 16 2012, 06:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched some of the programme but got bored after about 10 minutes. OC talked confidently and knowledgably and it was easy to see how the Board bought into his vision - the lad can sell. It's a good vision but without the money or players to back it up it's no more than a pipe dream.

Having watched last night, I saw a stubborn streak in OC which explains why he stuck with the same players, same tactics regardless of who we were playing or how badly we were doing. Inflexibility was his downfall.

16Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Fri Nov 16 2012, 08:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Fair play to coyle the guy talks so much crap and make it sound believable he could sell ice to the eskimos.

17Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Fri Nov 16 2012, 09:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Then it cannot be called the English League or the FA as it would be a whole new system. We would lose our prestigious chairs at the head of FIFA and UEFA and lose the caveat that the English FA is the only FA that doesn't use the nationality in all football bodies, as we are the original one.

It is already bad enough we have a couple of Welsh teams in the FA (Abertawe and Caerdydd).

So its a no from me.

18Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Coyle obviously just went on the show to put his name forward for the Scotland job, he like many other out of work managers go on things like this just to show future employers how desperate they are for a job. Harry redknapp is another example.

19Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was certainly putting himself in the shop window which is fair enough.

20Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Empty Re: Owen Coyle on TV tonight! Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't see Coyle as an international manager to be honest, not sure why he just doesn't seem the type.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum