Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bodvarsson sends thanks to Wanderers fans for helping him through tough spell

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bodvarsson sends thanks to Wanderers fans for helping him through tough spell 17448079

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson has thanked Wanderers fans for helping him back to his best form.

The Icelandic striker is looking back in top shape after two goals at Stockport in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy – his first since September.

Bodvarsson has had a tough start to the season as he inched his way back to full fitness after a serious ankle injury and has been restricted mainly to substitute appearances in the league. But he says the support given by those on the terraces has been a huge help in his comeback.

“It has been fantastic,” he told The Bolton News. “It has been the same since day one, a really warm support from the fans, from everyone around the club. And that’s why this has been one of the best clubs for me in those terms.

“It has kept the confidence going for me, I have never felt like I would dip, I believed every time I put a Bolton shirt on me I feel good, feel comforted. I want to do well for them and for myself as well.”

Bodvarsson’s four starts this season have been in the cup competitions, with all 10 of his appearances in League One coming as a substitute. The 31-year-old is aiming to change that – but he also accepts that the form of Dion Charles and Victor Adeboyejo has made it harder for Ian Evatt to change the side.

“Naturally it has been frustrating not to be playing as much as you want to but at the same time you can’t really change a winning team,” he said. “The lads who have been playing this season have been brilliant, they have been consistent, and for me results are the most important thing. It isn’t about me, it is about the whole team.

“Obviously as a player you want to play more. You are never happy being on the bench. You just try and control the controllable elements whether that is 50 minutes from the start of 20 minutes at the end.”

The Whites have won seven games in a row for the first time since November 2016 and will be gunning for an eighth when they return after the international break against Exeter. The last team to manage that played under Phil Neal in 1990/91 and was in the midst of a club record 23 games without defeat.

“There is a lot of belief around at the moment and a feeling that we want to be consistent with it,” Bodvarsson added.

“We want to be relentless too, no matter where the location. We are representing a club that should be doing really well, be right up there, and so far, it has been good.”

Wanderers created several big chances at Stockport, and with it a chance to make the margin of victory more comfortable.

Bodvarsson’s night was ended shortly after half time, as he was swapped for Cameron Jerome, but he was pleased with a result which ensured the Whites top the group going into the knockout stages.

He said: “It is always good to be scoring goals and it was a solid performance from everyone, so I am happy.

“That’s my job to get the ball in the net and they were good passes from (George) Thomason and Paris (Maghoma) as well, which helped me finish it quite easily.

“We obviously would have wanted to score more goals to put the game properly to bed but it wasn’t to be. We can certainly improve on that aspect, at times, but first and foremost I am really happy we got the job done and that it is seven wins in a row now. We just need to keep consistent with that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum