Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leyton Orient 'a work in progress' ahead of Wanderers clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leyton Orient 'a work in progress' ahead of Wanderers clash 17258549

Leyton Orient boss Richie Wellens reckons his side are growing in belief – but says there are still a “work in progress”.

The O’s currently sit 14th in the table as they aim to build on last season’s success in League Two when they clinched the title.

Wellens’ side recorded a dramatic 2-1 victory at Cheltenham last weekend thanks to goals from Shaq Forde and Ethan Galbraith at the death.

“We are a work in progress. We are getting more experience at this level and more belief. We still need a couple more players to add to the squad,” he told the club’s YouTube channel.

“I was happy because of the result but also frustrated because we came with a gameplan.

“You have to give them a lot of credit because they are very aggressive, and it is a difficult place to come as Oxford, Wigan and Derby have found.

“We didn’t find any belief or rhythm in the second half because our decision making was poor. I thought the subs were good when they came on and we kept going and showed fight.

“We have played a lot better than that in recent weeks and not got our just rewards, but football is mad. I am pleased for the supporters because it had been a long time coming.”

22-year-old Galbraith came off the bench for the final 25 minutes and had a big impact at Whaddon Road.

“Ethan was back on the bench and he looked bright,” Wellens continued. “Ed Turns had an illness and then a little injury.

“Ruel Sotiriou and Darren Pratley had been ill all week. But we are a fit team and we grow into games.

“Some of the games we have lost, we kill ourselves by conceding just before half time and the game drifts away from us.

“I think every time we are in and around it after 70 minutes, we can finish strongly.”

Former Bolton skipper Darren Pratley could return to the Toughsheet Community Stadium this weekend.

The 38-year-old midfielder has made 16 appearances in all competitions since the start of the campaign.

Wanderers ran out 2-0 winners when the sides last met in January 2021. Eoin Doyle was on target that day as well as a James Brophy own goal.

It was the start of a 14-game unbeaten run that saw Ian Evatt’s men climb up the table and eventually achieve a remarkable promotion to the third tier.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum