Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleetwood down to bare bones ahead of Wanderers clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fleetwood down to bare bones ahead of Wanderers clash 17591469

Lee Johnson says his Fleetwood side are “hobbling to January” as they prepare to welcome Wanderers to the Highbury Stadium.

With the transfer window right around the corner, the Cod Army have a lengthy injury list and a couple of others are dealing with niggles.

Fleetwood drew 1-1 against Carlisle in their last outing, with Jayden Stockley cancelling out Owen Moxon’s opener. That result leaves Johnson’s side 23rd in the League One table and four points from safety.

“We have got to be honest and say we lacked detail and quality at times, but we’re asking the same set of lads to churn it out at the moment,” said the boss after the final whistle.

“With so many injured, we are sort of hobbling to January. But it is really important that we quickly refresh again for Bolton.”

He added: “A couple are nursing niggles but at the moment they are going to have to keep going out there because it is all we have got.”

Fleetwood also came from behind to claim a point against leaders Portsmouth last weekend, and Johnson has been encouraged by their character.

The former Sunderland chief is now keen to start more games on the front foot as his side battle to climb out of the drop zone and protect their League One status.

“The boys are working hard, they are an honest bunch,” Johnson continued. “We gave the opposition a leg-up with a poor mistake and poor communication.

“We have done well to come back twice in two games and we have certainly shown character in that sense, but it would be nice to go a goal up and for us to have the opportunity to hold onto something.”

One injury boost was the return of Junior Quitirna, who made his first appearance since October 28 against Carlisle.

The 23-year-old midfielder had scored four goals in seven games before he was sidelined by a hamstring issue.

“The main thing for me is to just get back and play as many games as I can because I have missed a lot,” he said.

“It has been frustrating because I thought I was kicking on, impacting and helping the team out, and I was unfortunate to get injured. I need to prove myself and continue the run of form I was in before got injured.

“There is a lot of competition within the building, but it is a positive thing. It means we have a lot of options and people who are ready to come on and change the game.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum